“Oasis in the middle of St Pete”
Review of Sunken Gardens

and up
St Petersburg Segway Nature Tour
Ranked #17 of 140 things to do in St. Petersburg
Reviewed October 2, 2012

Lovely, peaceful and shady. Full of plants, flowers, butterflies and there are fish, turtles, parrots and 2 flamingos. Not really a place for kids. Well maintained and a nice way to spend a couple of quiet hours.

1  Thank Anna D
Write a ReviewReviews (1,558)
All reviews
in 22 reviews
"downtown st"
in 24 reviews

Reviewed September 27, 2012

Beautiful gardens with a winding path throughout. It looks as though something is blooming most of the time. I went in the middle of summer and was frustrated because my camera batteries died and I love to take pictures of flowers. Hard to believe this is in the middle of downtown St. Pete. Very well maintained. Cool (and refreshing!) shop. Reminds me of "old Florida" in a lovely way.

1  Thank Beej1207
Reviewed September 25, 2012

This is my husbands favorite place to visit.. each time we find something new to appreciate..this year hubby went back to check on the parrots, and found the guy who took care of them ready to take them inside for the night.. they were so well trained and hopped on the perch, when the carerer offered the birds the perch..he told my husband he takes care of them during the week and some one else does on the weekend...some people may be disapointed in this attraction,, but we found the place quite beautiful and quiet. The staff is always helpful and friendly :-)
Bring a packed lunch and enjoy your surroundings ....

2  Thank CloggieUsa2001
Reviewed September 17, 2012

This is a tourist attraction. I thought I would see beautiful flowers and plants. I was disappointed since there were not many to see. I remember there was a fee to enter also. There was a demonstration on growing Japanese miniature trees when we visited. I wish they would upgrade this attraction. So check this out before you go.

1  Thank SANDY M