“Nice hotel in great location”

Hampton Inn and Suites St. Petersburg Downtown
Ranked #5 of 42 Hotels in St. Petersburg
Orlando, Florida
“Nice hotel in great location”
Reviewed December 29, 2009

We stayed at this hotel for two nights, while in town for the St. Pete Bowl. Both rooms were clean and comfortable and we found the hotel staff to be friendly and efficient. Using the valet parking wasn't nearly as inconvenient as I thought it would be. Our car was brought out within minutes each time we needed it. The hotel is within easy walking distance of a lot of restaurants and bars in the downtown area. The breakfast served Sunday morning was easily the best we've had at a Hampton Inn yet, and we've stayed at several other locations this year. If we find ourselves visiting St. Pete again in the future, we'd definitely stay at this hotel if there is availability.

Stayed December 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank cruisemom2
kjohansson, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites St. Petersburg Downtown, responded to this review, January 4, 2010
Thank you for taking the time to share your kind words. We appreciate your patronage.

Karl Johansson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (137)
Aiken, South Carolina
Reviewed November 3, 2009

We recently used this hotel as the family base during our daughter's wedding. I chose it due to its proximity (within walking distance) to the sites of the wedding & the reception. Our family received excellent service from the staff during our entire stay. The valet was very prompt in retrieving our car whenever we asked for it. The rooms were very comfortable and clean. My older son's only disappointment was that there were no flat screen TVs in the rooms (the regular TV was fine, and there was a large flat screen HD TV in the lobby area). The bathrooms were standard for a Hampton Inn. We did not use the exercise facility, so I cannot comment on that. I did not utilize the breakfast, but my husband and 2 adult sons all enjoyed it. There were no noise issues either. We were very satisfied with our stay.
Do be aware that the only parking at this hotel is valet; no self-park is available. The rate was $12 per day, which is reasonable compared to most large cities. We had no problems with it; the service was always very prompt.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank Edistotiger
Vermont
Reviewed October 15, 2009

We traveled to St. Pete to see the Sox and Rays play. Comfortable hotel-great location. close to restaurants, the Pier and the free shuttle to the Trop.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank tashapVermont
Bradenton, Florida
Reviewed October 4, 2009

We went to the Pier Hotel in St. Pete yesterday. Did not like it, but paid for the night anyway. Came over to the Hampton Inn and were quite satisfied.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
Branford, Connecticut
Reviewed October 3, 2009

I have been going to St. Petersburg several times per winter since 1995, so have tried many hotels, ranging from the Renaissance Vinory to Comfort Inn's. This hotel is one of my favorites, as I prefer a downtown location to being out near the beaches. It's relatively new, clean and within walking distance of most things in the city. St. Petersburg had been going through a renaissance which, unfortunately, has been put "on hold" due to the recession, so the downtown area is not quite as busy and vibrant as I had seen it in recent past years, but it should hopefully soon make a comeback.

My only complaint about this hotel was the need to use a valet to park my car in the garage across the street. This sometimes made it take extra time to get out of the hotel, such as the day I checked out, when the valet spent much time loading some woman's mountain of luggage into a large van. I don't think he should have had to do this, but it was nice that he was helpful. I will stay at this hotel again and do recommend it.

• Stayed January 2009, traveled solo
Murfreesboro, Tennessee
Reviewed August 11, 2009

We stayed at this hotel for only one night. We were returning to Tennessee after a Royal Caribbean cruise where we left and arrived from Ft. Lauderdale .

My 17 year old son and I wanted to go see a Tampa Bay Rays game (July 11th against the A's) and I wanted to stay where my wife and 19 year old daughter could shop and have a choice of restaurants. There are several shops and restaurants convienient to this location. However, as with most any downtown location, be vigilant of homeless panhandlers and don't walk alone, stay is a lighted area.

My son and I could catch a free shuttle to Tropicana field from a location two blocks from the hotel. very convienient!

The rooms were clean, the breakfast was very good, and the staff was very nice.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
3 Thank twwintn
IOWA
Reviewed July 12, 2009

This review is for the Hampton Inn on Ulmerton Rd near the St. Pete airport.
Called ahead and was able to check in by 12:45p.m. Asked about shuttle in the morning to Airport, They said it did not leave until 7:00a.m. The front desk lady actually called the shuttle bus driver to see if he could come in at 6:30 to take me and my 2 year old to the airport since we had a 8:00 a.m. flight. And he did!! I could not believe how nice they are at the desk.

There is Starbucks right next door and McDonalds a couple hundred feet away too! Lot's of hotels/restaurants on Ulmerton Rd. It takes 3 minutes to get to the airport. I had booked online a king suite w fridge/microwave and had a 3rd floor room with a view of the busy St. If you want it a little more quite I might suggest a room that does not face the busy St. Could hear road noise if the air conditioner was not running. Clean hotel, seemed very new.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple