I stayed at this hotel last weekend and enjoyed everything that Hampton Inn has to offer - the good breakfast choice/quality, excellent beds (always a good nights sleep, on this occasion when we could ignore the noise), decent sized room, absolutely outstanding service from pretty much every member of staff we encountered particularly everyone at the front desk. The staff working here really are a credit to the hotel.
The location on Beach Drive is fantastic, walking distance to bars/restaurants/shops/waterfront etc.
Great pool deck on the 2nd floor with cabanas
* Walls. Hampton Inns are my preferred hotel when traveling and conscious of costs, i think they're great and usually fantastic value for money. I have never had a reason to complain about the many locations i stayed, however OMG the walls in our room were so thin - we could hear the toilet seat when it was put down, we could hear the constant ringing of the person's cell phone and then their conversations. At first we thought someone was in our bathroom, the sound was that clear !!! I asked for another room but was told (very politely i must add) that the hotel was sold out for the night.
* Fitness Center - i went to use it on a Sunday morning only to find the water dispenser was empty as was the disinfectant wipe container and there was no "bin" to dispose of used towels. I used the phone in the center to advise them of the lack of water, but an hour later still nothing.
* Value for Money - i paid $203 for one night, tax included for a standard double room. This was a high rate for a standard room and was using a discount code, i didn't have a private balcony which some rooms did.
The only parking option available was valet parking at $15 - again very high.
Would i stay here again, maybe - the location and the (majority of the) staff were great, however the thinness of the walls and the high room rate really would make me think twice.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hilton Hotels Direct, Priceline, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Hampton Inn and Suites St. Petersburg Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn And Suites St. Petersburg Downtown Hotel St. Petersburg
- Hampton Inn St Petersburg
- Hampton Inn Saint Petersburg
- St Petersburg Hampton Inn
- Saint Petersburg Hampton Inn