We stayed at the Hampton Inn on Beach Drive in downtown St. Petersburg on June 30 to July 2. We live in the Daytona Beach area and were in St. Petersburg to attend a baseball game and Bush Gardens. We decided on the Hampton Inn based on TA reviews. This Hampton Inn was more than acceptable. Check-in and check-out were super easy. The beds were clean and very comfortable. It is a very quiet, peaceful hotel. There was no commotion or noise in the hallways or adjacent rooms, and if there was we couldn't hear it. Our 5 and 7-year-old boys were with us. They were very comfortable and enjoyed the hotel. The pool on the second floor was nicely-maintained and fun. There are movies to rent free of charge at the front desk (every room has a DVD player). The hotel rooms have a dorm size refrigerator and a microwave. You could easily pack a lot of drinks and snacks, even dinner, into this fridge if you were so inclined. There is an ironing board, iron, hair dryer, and coffee maker in every room.
The breakfast area is very nice and has just about everything a person could want for breakfast. It was quite good and the area was nicely maintained.
The downtown area is beautiful. There is no shortage of interesting shops and restaurants. We didn't shop or explore the downtown, except for The Pier which is in easy walking distance. BayWalk and the rest of downtown St. Pete seemed very nice and we would have loved to explore and shop if we had more time.
The shuttle to the baseball game was in easy walking distance. We were on our way, sort of lost , two streets away and looking for the shuttle. Suddenly the shuttle appeared and stopped for us and asked, "going to the ball game?" We felt very lucky and hopped on.
Valet parking at the hotel was convenient and we never had to wait more than a few minutes for our vehicle. It was a very nice stay and I would stay here again. We paid 169 per night for two beds via the hotel website.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Hilton Hotels Direct, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, Hotel.de, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hampton Inn and Suites St. Petersburg Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn And Suites St. Petersburg Downtown Hotel St. Petersburg
- Hampton Inn St Petersburg
- Hampton Inn Saint Petersburg
- St Petersburg Hampton Inn
- Saint Petersburg Hampton Inn