Tripadvisor is normally very reliable with its ratings but I can't see how this hotel can be rated #1. I chose this hotel based on its ratings. On the plus side, I think staff are quite friendly and try to be accommodating. But this is a very basic hotel room and air conditioning unit is not really sufficient to cool the entire room. But the big problem with this hotel is the noise.
I know that in downtown you should expect a noisier location but this is ridiculous. I have lived in hotels in downtown New York, San Francisco, etc but never experienced the type of noise that I experienced at this hotel. It was so bad that I had to move out during the night. The hotel still didn't give me an explanation for the noise but I think it was a concert on a Friday night. Maybe it is great Mon-Thurs but I can't believe more people have not complained about the noise. The entire hotel was noisy. Noise lasted well past 11 pm. There is a noise ordinance in St. Petersburg but staff did not phone to have the police enforce this until we complained about it again. I think they do get a quite a few noise complaints but really have no solution other than to tell people this is downtown. But they do have to do something to protect their guests.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hilton Hotels Direct, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Hampton Inn and Suites St. Petersburg Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn And Suites St. Petersburg Downtown Hotel St. Petersburg
- Hampton Inn St Petersburg
- Hampton Inn Saint Petersburg
- St Petersburg Hampton Inn
- Saint Petersburg Hampton Inn