“Panera's”

Ranked #304 of 923 Restaurants in St. Petersburg
Description: Bakery, Sandwiches, salads and beverages
Description: Bakery, Sandwiches, salads and beverages
Reviewed February 25, 2013

This morning I ordered the steel cut oatmeal as I often do. The portion seemed smaller and was served in a very small bowl, with no room for milk and less strawberries and pecans than usual. I've also noticed that the serving of soup is less generous. Anyone else notice this?

Reviewed December 11, 2012 via mobile

Panera Bread is a family friendly, casual everyday restaurant! Besides their friendly atmosphere, their food is superb. I personally prefer a u-pick-2 crossaint with turkey. Panera has a bakery as well. At the bakery, you may order things from cookies to bagels. I'd definitely recommend Panera Bread to everyone!

Reviewed November 10, 2012

My first ever visit to these restaurants, this one just over the road from the Sunken Gardens in St Pete.
Bewildering choice of sandwich and soup options so you need to take a moment to study the menu card before ordering!
Food arrived, freshly made in front of us. All excellent. Mango smoothie was lovely!

Reviewed November 8, 2012

Good quality, fresh food in a friendly atmosphere. You can go and sit comfortably, with a group of even alone. Can only recommend it!

Reviewed September 13, 2012

Wow. If we had never been to a Panera Bread and only tried this one, we would probably not return anytime soon.
I ordered a toasted bagel, but received a cold bagel, showing no sign of having been toasted except a one 1/2" edge of toasting on one half. I returned the bagel asking that the bagel be toasted, and received a barely warmed bagel, still showing no evidence of even light toasting. I don't want a charcoal burned bagel, but I do want some evidence of toasting, not just slight warming.
The servers seemed bored and disinterested in their work, and they did not seem to care to listen to us when they took our orders, instead seemed more interested in talking amongst themselves with light social personal banter.
Oh, yes, one more thing - the table tops are STICKY. This is not pleasant.
The coffee was the only redeeming part of this visit. It seems to be consistently good, regardless of the Panera location.
I strongly suggest visiting an Einsteins Bros. Bagels location. You won't get fabulous music to listen to, and there won't be lots and lots of seating, but the bagels are good, the coffee is more than accectable, and you will leave feeling like you have had a good breakfast bagel.