“They have everything and great prices.”

Haslam's Book Store
Ranked #5 of 39 Shopping in St. Petersburg
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 60 helpful votes
“They have everything and great prices.”
Reviewed November 30, 2012 via mobile

We bought cookbooks, foreign language books, leaves books, books on CD and tape, mysteries old and new, and science fiction. We just scratched the surface of what they have. Helpful friendly staff.

Florida
56 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“For the bibliophile who enjoys out of print/hard to find books”
Reviewed November 26, 2012

If you enjoy discovering an out of print edition of a book or are a used bookstore fan, this is the "go to" place to check out. Most used bookstores are limited to popular fiction and this store carries that and much, much more. Since my "likes" range from travel narratives, biographies, and history, I consider this place a "gem". Recently picked up a few books on Lincoln and enjoyed them. Living in the SE makes it difficult to trek to the Mecca of all bookstores (in my opinion) the Strand so this place provides a satisfying alternative...

The only thing I steer clear from is their "new" books since I can get my fix and 10% discount at my local B & N or BAM (books a million) or on Amazon.

Visited September 2012
naples, fl
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 41 helpful votes
“Addictive!”
Reviewed November 13, 2012

You really have to go here if you like to read anything at all. I've been here before and now approach things methodically. I do the sections in order and drop things off at the desk where a clerk holds them for me so I don't have so much to carry. This time I got a couple of older novels I'd been hoping to find, mysteries in paperback, two cookbooks, cards, wrapping paper and children's books. I was able to resist the beautiful journals and diaries they had....this time.

The helpful clerk suggested calling them from time to time to see if any books by the authors I've been looking for had come in so they could save them for me.

Great place if you love books or if you have children you'd like to encourage to read.

Visited November 2012
palm harbor
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“A Bibliophile's Haven”
Reviewed October 25, 2012

Granted, it has been a while since I've haunted the stacks at Haslam's, but even so, this bookstore will forever hold a spot in my fondest memories of my college days, when used books were all I could afford, and the selection of hard-to-find titles were here unmatched. Many a rainy- or steamy afternoon was spent pondering its dusty shelves, rarely to emerge without an armful of new literary adventures.

In these hard econoimic times, I would recommend Haslams over any book chain, both becasue of the selection and prices, but also because it is a locally-owned small business--something we should all support!

Visited November 2011
1 Thank sailcat22
Orlando, Florida
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Bargain Books for all”
Reviewed October 19, 2012

We visited the Haslam Book stores a few times over the years. This time I bought a book on 'Cubase' a software program, which had a decent price tag. These stores are noted for low cost books and sometimes discontinued stuff so we always go to see whats going on.

If you like books... think Barnes and Noble... but cheaper :)

Visited September 2012