“Driftwood in the harbor...”
Review of Bonefish Grill

Bonefish Grill
Ranked #82 of 899 Restaurants in St. Petersburg
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Special occasions, Bar scene, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
St. Petersburg, Florida
“Driftwood in the harbor...”
Reviewed May 14, 2012

Upon arrival at this Bonefish (Tyrone Mall Location) I was sat very fast. After that I started feeling like a castaway. I sat in my booth and waited for a sever to greet me for 27 minutes 38 seconds. Then like a washed up piece of Driftwood...walla, a sever appeared. But only for a brief moment to tell me she would be back for a drink & appetizer order. Another 9 minutes go by. Feeling stunned I just looked at the exit sign and weighed the pros and cons of leaving. Like a magician she re appeared...took my drink/appetizer order. They must had to go to Maine to retrive the ingredients to make the appetizer and to another state for the vino, as another 18 mins went by. I've already invested 55 mins of my time on this visit. I finally get my Red wine and it was VERY cold. Wait, I thought White wine is served chilled and Red at room temp.? Returned the wine and switched to a beer.Between all the rough tides of this visit. The food was average, over priced and the service felt like abandonment. Your in florida...if you want to experience better seafood....go elsewhere as this ship has sunk.

• Visited May 2012

“Don't get it”
Reviewed May 1, 2012

I don't get why folks choose a chain seafood restaurant in St Pete when there are local establishments serving great local food. Why did we go? We had a gift certificate from work. They make no distinctions between troubled fisheries (such as orange roughie) and import farm raised fish from afar. There are much better places in St Petersburg to go for fish. It is on the Florida coast after all.

• Visited March 2012
1 Thank wakanwalk
Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Real seafood here!”
Reviewed April 24, 2012

Great and fun place for seafood. Wednesday is $5 Bang Bang Shrimp! You've gotta try it, mmmmmmmmmmmm. Also, the crabcakes are REAL, not that processed stuff.

Norwalk, Connecticut
“Casual dining in a relaxing setting...good food and service!”
Reviewed April 19, 2012

We enjoy this restaurant with our family for several reasons. The wait staff is attentive and engaging and the food is always quite good.

St. Petersburg, Florida
“gave this restaurant a second chance”
Reviewed April 12, 2012

I emailed this message to the customer service department of this restaurant after a bad experience last March 2012:

"we go to this BFG location a lot since moving to St. Pete. My friends and I would meet at the bar after work at least 5 times a year. We would usually walk in, grab a booth by the bar.

Well today, I walked in and sat at a booth as usual. A really arrogant and snobbish waitress came up to me and said that "for future reference, we actually seat this table and it is not a first-come-first served basis". I am offended by her approach. I have also noticed that I was getting cold stares from the staff. It was a very unpleasant experience. I was not extended the same warm welcome that they gave to the older patrons.

Two points I would like to bring up:

one, there are a lot of other restaurants in this area. Please advice your younger staff that they should be more polite, even to the younger patrons. Take note that younger customers are more likely to use social media. I posted bad reviews on Facebook, Twitter, Urbanspoon and Yelp within 10 minutes of the incident and I will make sure to put the word out about this location. I have also contacted Trip Advisor to add this location to their list of restaurants so I can post the same review.

two: yes, it is snowbird season and this area is populated by wealthier, retired Caucasian people. I feel I experienced discrimination because I am from another race and I am younger, maybe even look like I am the same age as your staff.

One more thing, the manager did not even visit our table. He should check social media sites, I am not the first one to complain about the "snobbish" and "snooty" staff.

And yes, we went here for Valentine's Day and a lot of people, including us, were throwing a fit at the restaurant because of their service."

We immediately got several phone calls from the restaurant manager, Brian. we were offered drinks and dinner on the house, sort of their way of making amends. I turned the offer down , Brian called me again. I told him I'm not complaining to get a free meal. I just want him to re educate his staff on basic manners. I also asked if I could meet him on our next visit. Well we went there again after a month, and the service was excellent. we asked for Brian, but he was running the kitchen. the other manager, Phil, came to our table though. Great experience. great food as usual. Kudos to our server, Lisa B, as well.