“Never forget...........”

dallas tx
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Never forget...........”
Reviewed August 18, 2014

Kind of small but interesting.The first floor have a permanent exposition........I have been in others much better than this one.......

Visited August 2014

St. Petersburg, Florida
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“Important Never To Forget”
Reviewed August 3, 2014

I had toured the Holocaust Museum at least twenty years ago. It was at another location and only one floor of artifacts. My son expressed interest in seeing this so I took him and his girlfriend on Friday. They are sixteen and seventeen. I was amazed at the new building and it's exhibits. The first floor is a permanent exhibition and chronologically goes through Hitler's rise to power and how World War II began. It was very well done, with an audio device that told you information at different points. It takes at least a couple of hours to do this, if you see everything. There is even a boxcar that was used for transport to the camps. It has not been restored and is one of only three to leave Poland. The second floor is exhibits that are on loan for a certain amount of time, and I did not even make it up to the third floor as I ran out of time. I highly recommend that you give yourself enough time to tour the entire museum. I was there for over three hours and it still was not enough.

This is something that needs to never be forgotten, in order to make sure that it never happens again.

Visited August 2014
4 Thank Donna M
6 attraction reviews
“Let us not forget , ever!”
Reviewed August 2, 2014

A must see for especially the younger teens, to understand and realise that the world should never allow anything so horrible to happen again , anywhere.

MS
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 70 helpful votes
“Informative but tiring”
Reviewed July 23, 2014

I am very interested in the Holocaust, but found this museum boring. I believe in reading, but there was just way too much information to read. Too bad that there is not a more interesting way to tell the story. I can not see that this would hold the attention of school children at all. There are 3 floors to this museum. By the time I got 3/4 of the way completed on floor 1, I just stopped because I was so tired by then. We had been standing and reading for about 1 1/2 hours by then. Second floor is just pictures of survivors and their stories. I would loved to have read all of them, but this would have taken at least another hour. The 3rd floor looked like a lecture hall. The gift shop had some interesting books for children. This is such a sad part of our history, and I do appreciate the effort that was put into the museum to preserve this information. No cameras are allowed, and you do have to go through a metal detector. The museum opens at 10 a.m.

Playa del Ingles, Spain
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 66 helpful votes
“Impressive and icing site”
Reviewed July 22, 2014

Would recommend it strongly to young generation unaware of Shoah... Sculptures are astonishing, architectural design not to call it scenography very thoughtful...

2 Thank doomsky