“It becomes personal”

Florida Holocaust Museum
Ranked #11 of 130 things to do in St. Petersburg
Reviewed March 26, 2013

We shall never forget, and this small museum enables more insight into the horror of the holocaust. We were given help to find information about a distant relative who was honored for his help.

There are newer reviews for Florida Holocaust Museum

Reviewed March 25, 2013 via mobile

Very informative museum about the Holocaust. The docent gave I treating perspectives on the facts. To view the boxcar within which the Jews were transported was chilling.
My middle schooler got upset over the deaths and wanted to leave but I am still glad that we saw this museum because it makes you aware of what happened so that we can prevent it from happening again.

1  Thank Kmerri
Reviewed March 22, 2013

Leaves a lasting impression of the horrors of extermination of a group of people based on fears and prejudices of another group of people. Such an abomination should be remembered and learned from.

2  Thank tcquilter
Reviewed March 19, 2013

I loved this museum as it touches your soul. It not only reminds us of the horrors of the holocaust but also of on-going human rights issues.

1  Thank TravelGoddess77
Reviewed March 14, 2013

The staff was exceptional at this Museum. All had been mentioned but I keep telling people about the railroad car used for transport to concentration camps. I understand there is a History DVD available that explains how it came to rest inside the St. Petersburg museum. It's a sight not to be missed on a visit to the area.