“An average place to eat!”
Review of Applebee's

Applebee's
Ranked #490 of 902 Restaurants in St. Petersburg
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Houston, Texas
“An average place to eat!”
Reviewed November 10, 2013

We were seated quickly and in a relatively nice area for a Friday night. Our server came around quickly and took our drink and meal orders; that was the last time we saw him. The food was average, nothing spectacular for a hamburger, fish & chips and a kids meal of mac & cheese. I have had better burgers, but I also have seen better presentations of food. It literally took 13 minutes from the time I told our waiter we were done for him to get the check. Needless to say, it was reflected in his tip. If all the restaurants happen to close within a 5 mile radius of this place, I will come back.

• Visited November 2013

Whitby, Canada
“Not nearly as good as the Largo location we went to last week.”
Reviewed October 30, 2013

This Applebees is not as good as the Largo location; which we really enjoyed last week. The food, service and ambience here, were all less appealing than. In my opinion the entire staff at the Largo location were interested and actively concerned during our entire meal.

I ordered the hot pepper shrimp and chicken (again); but this time the green beans were overcooked as well as some of the small potatoes. While the chicken was good, the shrimp seemed a little over done and the quantity seemed less than at Largo.. Reflecting back now, the majority of my meal may have been made up earlier and reheated.
My wife ordered a small size chicken salad; but had no good or bad comments on it.

The support staff was attentive at first; but were not available to remove the appetizer bowl and plates after initially coming by twice, before we were done.
I'm not really sure how to describe our waitress; but distracted or robot-like appear to be the best ways to describe her, without proof of fitness for duty. She took a long time to bring us the bill after passing by a number of times, long after our napkins were on our plates, and only after my wife asked for it.
I do not remember a manager asking us if our meal was ok or even around asking other customers..

• Visited October 2013
2 Thank Edwin G
St. Pete Beach, Florida
“Nice Place to Go if You Do't Know Where to Go”
Reviewed August 28, 2013

I rate Applebee's as "very good' because its much better than average but its not great. What I don't like is that they do't serve brea -- not even with a salad. (Come on guys; your competition does.) Also, like other Applebee's I've been too, they keep the A/C up way too high. Great for the busy staff but not so good for stationary diners. But they serve up hot food, good ribs and salads and you can sense the chain's headquarters works over time to keep the menu current and interesting. Someone told me that if the manager doesn't stop at your table you check is free but thats kind of meaningless since at busy times I've seen day and evening managers swoop by so fast you'll miss the encounter if you blink. I do love the waiter/waitress staff though; friendly and well trained.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Strat13
Green Bay, Wisconsin
“Excellent!”
Reviewed July 23, 2013

The food was wonderful, good healthy choices, nice to see! The service was very pleasant! The restaurant was very nice and clean!

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank GrammaH
florida
“Good food, good prices and updated menu”
Reviewed May 20, 2013

I love this place - the food is always consistent, great service and lots to choose from on menu. Our waiter was very good, filling up our drinks and asking if all was ok. The chicken we ordered was delicious and the French Onion soup was to die for. Their prices are very reasonable and I've never had to wait to be seated. Good place to watch sports on TV from the bar or even in their booths.

• Visited May 2013