St. Petersburg / Madeira Beach KOA
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$200
$151
Hilton.com
Hollander Hotel(St. Petersburg)
$109
All reviewspinellas trailfire pittravel trailerroom cabinrv parkboat launchgas grillbike pathwaterfront sitenice campgroundpool and hot tubjohn's passthe wi figreat weekendbayoumangroveslori
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 10, 2014

Spent one night on the way to our destination and it was just great. Our RV + boat didn't fit in the first site we were assigned to, but they put us in another spot and helped us get in it and everything was fine. Showers were spotless, campground was clean, and it's located right next tot he Pinellas County trail system so you can bike or walk the paved trail. They rent bikes also. I would have given it a 5, except we called to make the reservation because of our situation with towing a big boat and told the person who answered what we needed with our RV towing a boat, and she assured us they could handle it. About a week prior to arrival, we noticed on the email confirmation the length didn't include our boat, so we called to confirm that we would, in fact, be able to get in with our boat being towed and the person assured us she had the notes and they could accommodate us. Upon arrival, the guy on the golf cart raised his eyebrow when she told him what site to take us to, and we knew there was a problem. He asked her if she was sure, and she said yes. Well, sure enough, the site was too short. And being that it isn't very easy to maneuver an RV towing a 20 ft. boat, it was a hassle to move after we had spoken to them twice to confirm the details. They did, however, get us into the correct site, and he helped guide us out of the other one and into the new one. And once we were situated, everything was fine. The grounds are great and the staff was really helpful and nice. Next time we go, it will be without a boat, so I'm sure everything will be 5 star worthy.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 1, 2014 via mobile

Spent three nights here with my family and really enjoyed the campground and all of the amenities. My kids rode their bikes non-stop around the campground and we took long family rides on the Pinellas trail that runs right past the campground entrance. We spent a lot of time at the heated pool and hot tub, both of which were great temperature and clean. Another plus is that you are less than a mile from a Target, Starbucks, Steak and Shake, etc via the Pinellas trail. Bring your kayak or Stand-up-paddle board and enjoy the bay at the rear of the property. I'm looking forward to a return trip to this KOA, we had a blast.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank jpcoll01
Reviewed December 29, 2013

Way over priced! It is like a lot of other KOA's, not putting any money back into the property. The pad we stayed on was so unlevel our front tires were off the ground after we leveled the RV. There are shared power stands, so if you are on the wrong side, you have drag your hoses under your coach to the other side, not easy to do. The clean-out was on the correct side, but surrounded by tree roots that made it nearly impossible to connect too, and you had to drain uphill. Noisy as well, lots of barking dogs, screaming kids, etc. Because the park has decent proximity to the area, they demand a huge premium to stay here. Find a Wal-mart, and save yourself the hassle and cash. We will not be coming back!

Room Tip: Ask for a site where the hookups are on the correct side so you don't have to feed them under your rig.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Mike M
Reviewed December 13, 2013

Dont book a cabin unless you want to be spending the next three months visiting a chiropractor. Stayed on Monday night paid $200 for a cabin and I'm going to say its the worse bed I have ever slept on in my entire life. As for the staff they are very friendly. Mens bathroom floors near pool are dirty and they need to start spraying down the area near the pool. Got out of pool and walked over to the bathroom and noticed my feet where charcoal black from the dirt on the concrete.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 30, 2013

this is my favorite koa so far............clean clean clean!!!!............such a friendly staff and very helpful...........always someone at the entrance to make sure all guests can feel safe and comfortable......I WILL STAY HERE AGAIN

Room Tip: I stayed right by the pool and store..........very pleased.....plus I had a tv in my cabin
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends