WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Ponce De Leon Hotel

Ponce De Leon Hotel
Ranked #14 of 39 Hotels in St. Petersburg
Orlando, Florida
“Our favorite getaway hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2013

We always return to this jewel. Staff is super friendly, and helpful. The hotel is in the middle of town and bay; so it offers a great variety of things to do. We come back every year for the Indy Racing event. Great location for it!!!
Not a fan for car racing? come any other time, you will have a blast!

Room Tip: Ask for the rooms towards the bay!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (150)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2013

Called the hotel 3 months ago. Was told our room was $200 a night. Was over charged ($250) a night. Our room was never serviced, for $250 a night. Our room was disgusting. Our bathtub didn't drain and our toilet didn't flush. They deactivated our room keys a night early. staff has no idea what they are doing. They also never gave is a receipt upon check in because they "didnt know the system" when they were just screwing us. Spend the extra money and stay at the Hampton Inn next door or the Hilton down the street. Totally not worth it. This place may be what hell is like.

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank Indykds
des moines, iowa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2013

I dont know how anybody found anything negative to say about this place. Staff was excellent. Location could not be beat. Rooms were clean. All i needed was a place to crash after a concert at Jannus and was more than satisfied. If you are staying on a Friday night, be sure to check out the farmers market a block away for a great breakfast before you leave!

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dayton, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2013

I've stayed at this hotel many times before, and will again. The big draw (a tie) is LOCATION and THE STAFF. Can't get any more centrally located, and the staff is more than friendly. I know all of them by name, and they always remember me. The rooms are small, and minimally furnished-- more than adequate. When I come back, I feel like I'm coming home. There's a computer available to all on the mezzanine, which is handy, and wi-fi in the rooms if you bring your own. Also a laundry room on the third floor, and vending machines.
Near restaurants. A very nice place.

Room Tip: Just show up, you'll be welcomed. (call first for reservation!)
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Franklin, Wisconsin, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2013 via mobile

I don't know where the negative reviewed stayed, but I feel it was a completely different hotel. The Ponce De Leon is a beautiful little place. The first night I checked in my flight had been delayed 2 hours but the staff was totally cool about it, and had all of my check in stuff ready. I was settled in within moments of arriving. From that point on, I had nothing but amazing service. The one thing I feel people haven't taken into account is the age of the building as well as the fact this is not some swanky, 5 star hotel. For its age, the hotel has been kept up very well. The decor is more modern, and after a thorough check I was pleased to find the room pristinely clean. Maid service even mopped(the rooms have wood floors, which is a breath of fresh air to disgusting carpet commonly found) during their daily cleanings. The location of the building is fantastic . I was able to walk anywhere in St Pete. As far as amenities, there is room for improvement. The only weird things I noticed missing was a microwave in the room and a box of tissues would have been nice. The bed was extremely comfortable, the first night i stayed i was a little disappointed in the pillows but I had failed to realize a very fluffy, soft pillow was stored in the closet along with a pillow top/comforter that only added to the comfort of the bed. The staff, once again was incredibly friendly and helpful. I'm sure I seemed incredibly needy, but they definitely at least tried to fulfill any requests I had, and were very knowledgable, recommending restaurants, activities, etc. I wouldn't hesitate recommending anyone stay here, as I have had nothing but amazing service. Just retro remember this isn't an overpriced, brand new building.

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank Devon M
Miami Beach, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2013

The hotel is conveniently located in a walking distance to the Dali Museum, restaurants, bars and shops. Service was friendly and efficient. The room was clean and offered all the amenities I needed during my stay. Every time I ate at Ceviche (the restaurant from the hotel) the food was excellent and the ambiance very inviting.

Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Kentucky
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

My husband and I stayed one night just to experience downtown St Pete at a reasonable price. We were pleased with our choice. We had a fifth floor corner room that was clean and well decorated. Guests need to be aware that the hotel does not have parking. The metered street parking in front of the hotel is free from Friday evening through 9 am on Monday, so that worked for our stay.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple