“Nice tour”

Pier Dolphin Cruises
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Witness the majesty of dolphins up close and personal with Pier Dolphin Cruises in downtown St. Petersburg. It's fun for the entire family and adventure for all ages. Start your sea-faring experience on the M/V Dolphin Queen, a 44' x 18' catamaran that can accommodate up to 70 people. Be sure to bring a camera! You'll see dolphins and manatees in their natural habitat, a variety of native birds such as Ospreys, Cormorants, Egrets and Herons as well as the US Coast Guard base all along St. Petersburg's historic waterfront. Pier Dolphin Crises sets sail seven days a week, with trips that last up to an hour and 50 minutes! Cpt. Fred is confident he'll provide the best dolphin tour you've ever been through, and has been promoting the waters of St. Petersburg for more than 25 years. Sit back and enjoy your time with friends and family while you're told stories and tales of everything around you. Dolphin sightings are guaranteed or you will receive a voucher for your next trip free! We offer a diverse range of services to meet our customers in the Saint Petersburg, FL area. Shed the stress and worry of everyday life and enjoy a fantastic time.
NH
55 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 71 helpful votes
“Nice tour”
Reviewed April 27, 2012

The tour was a pleasant way to spend a couple hours on the water and the price was reasonable. We finally did see a couple dolphins at the end of the tour. A couple negatives: The poor sound system and fast talking captain made it difficult to hear much of his narrative. I thought the NUMEROUS tipping signs were in poor taste. They even had charts posted to tell us what the recommended tipping scale was!

Visited March 2012
2 Thank NhWishfultraveler

Clayton, NC
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“A great way to spend a couple of hours.”
Reviewed March 31, 2012 via mobile

I have to say that I wasn't expecting much. I assumed that this would just be a cheesy tourist attraction. I must say that I was pleasantly surprised. $22 gets you a two hour narrated boat tour of the St Pete waterfront and Schnell (sp?) island. I've visited St Pete several times and this is the first time I've seen it from the water. It is a nice perspective. I have to say that the houses are amazing. Definitely, how the other half lives!

We also found a couple of dolphins who spent 10 minutes or so surfing the wake of our boat.

All in all it was an informative trip and a bargain at the price.

1 Thank Marc C
Southend-on-Sea, United Kingdom
59 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 65 helpful votes
“Amazing”
Reviewed March 30, 2012

As we went out we saw the odd one frolicking and thought that was it, then 3 or 4 came up behind the boat and were jumping through the waves behind the boat - absolutely fantastic - just loved it. Going back to take m parents in May

Visited August 2011