“Best Bagels in Florida!”
Review of St. Pete Bagel Co.

St. Pete Bagel Co.
Ranked #1 of 20 Bakeries in St. Petersburg
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: St. Pete Bagel Co. has been proudly serving Pinellas County since 1987. We carry an assortment of Kosher, authentic NY-style bagels, donuts, grilled paninis, deli sandwiches, coffee, espresso, and pastries. Join us for a delicious breakfast & lunch!
Reviewed March 17, 2013

We miss our New York bagels...St. Pete Bagel are as good as the bagels we would get in NY. Get there early, they sell out and close at 12pm

1  Thank Bklynpeg

Reviewed February 18, 2013

Wen't there for first time and will keep going , had a great Turkey sandwich and the coffee was phenomenal, nice people taking care of you and quick

Reviewed December 7, 2012

I have had the pleasure of having bagels all over but this place is the real deal. If you want good food not shipped in from somewhere else or frozen and made fresh this is where you go. I like to support a small business that is family owned and operated and this location has both. I think anyone would love to grab and go.

1  Thank rob h
Reviewed October 12, 2012

I went to the location in St. Petersburg. Understandably, they were very busy. I was not welcomed to the front, which wasn't a big deal. But when I went to pay the woman at the counter, another woman walked by behind her and noticed the amount of my purchase and barked that next time I would need a minimum buy of $10 if I was going to use my debit card. Come on people, I hadn't even had my coffee yet. She was very abrupt and rude, and I could tell the woman who was handling my transaction was embarassed. Now to the food- The bagel was mediocre. It was not toasted enough, even though I asked for it "double toasted". And the flavor was just acceptable. If it had been anything amazing, I probably would have let the service aspect fly. Needless to say, I will not be going back here.

Reviewed July 26, 2012

I've been coming here for years to get my weekend bagel fix, and I have never been disappointed. It's difficult to find a good bagel south of New York City, but these folks have got 'em. I didn't think it was possible, given the soft and salty Florida water, but they've figured it out. Chewy interiors with real flavor, slightly hard, but thin, crust on the outside. You can even get a bialy, that strange warped bagel invented in Bialystok Poland more than a century ago.

You can have bagels any way you want: in a bag, sliced or not, toasted with any number of toppings, as a lox & cream cheese sandwich. They also have numerous varieties of flavored cream cheeses, to eat or take home, coffee, juice, and now: freshly-made donuts. There are also sandwiches in typical and unusual configurations, such as "The Strange Bird," turkey, lettuce, sprouts, cream cheese and cranberry sauce, served on any bagel, 4 kinds of bread, or a croissant. My favorite: just lox & cream cheese on a toasted egg bagel, with onion, tomato, and capers for $5.75, less than half what you'd pay in the Big Apple.

Believe me, this place is WAY better than the ones named after the famous physicist, the stars from Seattle that cost big bucks, or the ones with the missing "G". Yes, it can get a tad crowded on weekend mornings, but the hardworking staff of non-gum-chewing, non-teenagers works fast and hard. Your patronage here is rewarded with snappy service of delicious food at very reasonable prices. It's a small storefront crowded by several tables and window counter seats inside, and 3-4 tables outside facing 4th Street. But on a Sunday morning, the smell of coffee and toasting bagels hits your olfactory nerve centers and suddenly, all is right with the world.