“thoughtful vegetarian food”

Meze 119
Ranked #70 of 931 Restaurants in St. Petersburg
Cuisines: Middle Eastern
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Opened June of 2011 in the heart of Downtown St. Petersburg. MEZE is a Vegetarian and Vegan restaurant presenting a modern interpretation of traditional Middle Eastern cuisine. The menu offerings are health conscious, fresh and diverse. The beer and wine lists are succinct and carefully cultivated. Come try it and we just know it will quickly be among your favorite spots!
Reviewed January 28, 2014

Too many vegetarian restaurants serve the carb heavy, bean heavy, routine vegetarian choices. Not here. While the ambiance is simple, the food combinations are complex and delicious, The Hummus plate comes with three or four different flavors. The burnt Cauliflower with dipping sauce is quite unique, as is the acorn squash stuffed with flavored Quinoa. There are several daily choices of textured proteins that also satisfy the appetite. Save room for their homemade desserts. Portions are generous and the staff very friendly and helpful in making great choices.

Reviewed January 20, 2014

most excellent vegetarian restaurant! everything was tasty & well prepared. the ambience was verywas very soothing & zen like

Reviewed January 10, 2014

From the Shakshouka at night to the Challah French Toast to the daily specials which are always incredible this place is consistently GREAT! Its Israeli/Mediterranean and Vegetarian, the fake meat nuggets always blow me away as real. And they make the best Iced Limonana this side of Tel Aviv. The vibe is cool and the seating fun and comfy. The waitstaff is friendly, accommodating, and knowledgeable about their product. Ive been here many times and the prices are very good for the quality of food delivered, and I highly recommend it.

Reviewed January 6, 2014

Two of our meals were good, but two were just below average. I expected a lot more flavor, and quality from a vegetarian restaurant. They were even out of falafel. Both men had nice meals, and were satisfied. My squash with couscous was so-so, nothing spectacular. Our daughter ordered the "steak", and she could not eat it. We will try something different next time.

Reviewed January 5, 2014

When I moved to St.Pete for work after living in NYS and LA, I was really wondering if I'd be able find viable options for plant based dining. I'd gone to Meze 119 about two years ago and had horrible service, so I never went back. Then, last fall a friend of mine convinced me to try it again; it quickly became my go to! I always know I can eat something filling and flavorful, and I can also bring my family and friends who aren't plant based, and they'll also be very satisfied. My favorites? Curried chik'n salad, Moroccan carrot salad, my carnivore friends love the meatloaf, and they also have a fantastic wine list and daily hummus and soup specials. They also had a plant based wine dinner on my birthday last year, and I was able to have a vegan version of french pate for the first time; who does that?! So thoughtful. If you're in St. Pete and want to have a positive dining experience, regardless of vegan, vegetarian, etc., definitely go to Meze.