“Healthy and helpful...and well presented”
Review of Meze 119

Meze 119
Ranked #59 of 902 Restaurants in St. Petersburg
Cuisines: Middle Eastern
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Opened in June of 2011. Great vegetarian restaurant in downtown St. Petersburg.
St. Petersburg, Florida
“Healthy and helpful...and well presented”
Reviewed June 27, 2013

I made my first trip to this restaurant with a friend who is on a restricted diet. The server was very helpful and kind. He checked with us enough to make sure all was good but didn't hover. The food was very good with healthy options, presented in an appealing way. The portions were large. I had the 3 salad choice and easily took half of it home for another meal. I wish a few of the items had been more highly seasoned but that is probably due to my addiction to salt. I will definitely return in the future.

• Visited June 2013

• Turkish first
Charlotte, North Carolina
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Delicious falafel salad experience!”
Reviewed June 21, 2013

I have been raving about this place ever since my husband and I visited for a lunch in early June. Maybe it was the appetite I worked up while walking downtown St. Pete, but this was honestly one of my favorite meals all year! The falafel is not typical - they call it the "green" falefal because it is literally full of herby green goodness inside of a crispy outer layer! Ask for tahini dressing instead of the regular tzatziki sauce. and a lemon! I highly recommend stopping for an early lunch (sit outside before it gets too hot) or an evening outdoor meal!

• Visited June 2013
Florida
“Good food”
Reviewed June 21, 2013

My daughter and son-in-law took my husband and I to this restaurant after a concert in the park. Very tasty food, nice atmosphere, excellent wait staff.

• Visited May 2013
Boca Raton, Florida
“Good Vegan”
Reviewed June 19, 2013

A friend of the family recommended this restaurant. Overall the service, food and atmosphere were average. My food I found a bit too spicy and the french fries very average. I finished my lemonade but the waiter never asked if I wanted a refill.

• Visited May 2013
“You Won't Miss It!!”
Reviewed June 17, 2013 via mobile

I eat here as often as I can. It is a truly unique addition to the downtown dining scene. Beautiful, modern interior with a small patio, a thoughtful & adventurous menu and a good little wine list. I am simply mad for the spinach cakes with taziki and for the unbelievable BLT. Everything is cooked to perfection & genuinely so tasty you will not miss the meat!!!

• Visited July 2012