“Two words: "Chikk'n Nug'itz"” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Meze 119

Meze 119
Ranked #49 of 893 Restaurants in St. Petersburg
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Opened in June of 2011. Great vegetarian restaurant in downtown St. Petersburg.
Chicago, Illinois
“Two words: "Chikk'n Nug'itz"”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2012

Great time from start to finish! Fun atmosphere, super nice employees. I was apprehensive about the vegan dining options in and around downtown St. Petersburg. This place, and a few others, totally changed my opinion about that!

The "Chikk'n Nug'itz" were so good! Could have made a meal out of them. Also the mint lemonade was really good, so refreshing.

I had the Stuffed Pepper for the main meal - delish and presented beautifully. Hope to visit next time I am in the area.

Visited September 2012

• Turkish first
St. Petersburg, Florida
“Vegan with a flair”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2012

Although I am not vegan I always enjoy the meals I have here. The setting is small and intimate with some out door tables. Service is always friendly

sunny florida
“Great vegetarian options!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2012

I love that they have such a diverse menu of vegetarian options. I've tried three dishes so far, and all have been excellent. The service is good as well.
My only wish is that the location had more square footage. It can get crowded and feel pretty cramped during the lunch rush. Good for them!

Visited May 2012
youlikezach
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Quaint with service excellence...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2012 via mobile

I didn't know I would end up at this little spot in downtown St. Pete but it sort of sucked me in. I parked on the street at 1pm near Jannus Live in anticipation of a Chevelle show later that night and started noticing I was hungry. I saw the words "Vegetarian Cuisine" adhered to the inside of the window and even though I'm not a vegetarian I just thought "this sounds fresh to me," and entered this little nook Meze and sat down. I wasn't immediately greeted but I was feeling low key at that moment and preferred the short delay. After a few moments a kind and beautiful server named Savanh warmly greeted me with a pretty smile and asked me if I needed anything. She was great the whole time and provided me three refills of coffee and water, a tasty omelet, and a yummy bowl of fresh berries all with haste and a smile. They also had agave sweetener available for my coffee which was expected but still impressive.

The prices here were more than accommodating and the quality of the food slightly exceed the cost. It wasn't the best omelet I've ever had but I still engulfed it in a matter of a few short minutes and it is still filling me quite nicely as I write this. The berries were also tasty but in not sure they were fresh or frozen. Either way, the $4 price tag for the fruit was more than reasonable. All-in-all I thoroughly enjoyed myself the entire visit and would recommend anyone in the area visit this nice little spot if they get a chance; vegetarian or not.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
Tampa
“hit or miss”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2012

This time, it was a terrbile miss on mark of cleanliness, taste and even service.
Most everything on the menu is FRIED. Of course i think that tastes great, but not healthy!
Vegetarian, but fried? misses the healthy mark
The fried food items were all too burnt crisp.
The waiter took our order by memory and asked 3 times to remind him. All while flinging a dirty dish rag after each sentence! !
Nice owner and super cute ambience.
Ate here previously, salad items, and experience w diff server and food was much better.
Keep it consistent. Scared to return, incase it's another hit or miss. . .

• Visited May 2012