“Just keeps on getting better”

The Burg Bar and Grill
Ranked #59 of 908 Restaurants in St. Petersburg
Cuisines: American, Greek
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
“Just keeps on getting better”
Reviewed June 6, 2013

Just a short walk from Tropicana Field, The Burg on Central Ave never disappoints. Barely a sliver wide, pull a stool up to the bar, review the 20 or more craft beers on tap, discuss your choice with the friendliest bar staff in town, and kick back. A prototypical neighborhood watering hole. If you are hungry, absolutely order a bowl of the lemon chicken soup, home made every day; it's the best ever. Debate the game on TV with fellow diners. Several months ago the two guys sitting next to me had played football at The U, and I actually refereed one of their games in Arizona many years ago. That's typical of who you meet at The Burg. Watering Hole A+, don't miss it.
John E

Visited June 2013
1 Thank John E

MIAMI
“Great lunch”
Reviewed May 27, 2013

This is our second visit to this tiny restaurant near Rays stadium in St. PETE. We ate outside, had wonderful weather, service and food. Staff was very friendly and professional. I had the Greek salad with gyro meat and pita . My husband had the Monday special: $5 for 5 oz burger and fries.
Everything was delicious and the salad was huge and outstanding. There are many
beers from which to choose. For a casual lunch, this place is the best.

1 Thank MIAMISHEILA
St. Pete, Florida
“The Burg is awesome”
Reviewed May 25, 2013

Great food, great beer selection, terrific atmosphere and a great owner. What more could you want? Give this place a shot sometime. You won't be disappointed.

1 Thank brstar
St. Petersburg, Florida
“Hidden Gem”
Reviewed May 21, 2013

I was skeptical when my husband brought me here after a Rays' game one night. It is a small elongated room with a bar on one side and small tables along the other wall. Our waiter was friendly and recommended some of the local microbrews to my husband. We ordered burgers (the name seems to refer both to their signature hamburgers and the nickname "Burg" for St. Petersburg.) My black and blue burger was the best I have had other than those made by my husband, and it was perfectly cooked. There was a young crowd that night, and the music was indie rock and pretty good choices. The bill was very reasonable, and when we left the waiter recommended that we stop next door to hear some music at the little local club next door. We did stop in heard some pretty good jazz. Since the musicians were filling in for another group who hadn't shown up that night, there was no cover charge. An inexpensive and fun night for us!

• Visited April 2013
Seminole, Florida
“Be skeptical when it comes to these rankings”
Reviewed May 19, 2013

The pulled pork sliders and Greek salads were nice, but the burger was a disappointment. Ordered medium, it came out well done and dry. No wonder it took a while for the food to come. Respectable selection of beers, but there are much better options for food nearby. Not likely to recommend or return. The high ranking here is a mystery and we'll be more skeptical in the future.