“Amazing BBQ, Friendly Service, Will Be Back!”
Review of Champions BBQ

Champions BBQ
Ranked #285 of 902 Restaurants in St. Petersburg
Cuisines: Barbecue
Description: These are the old owners of Fred Flemming's BBQ.
Description: These are the old owners of Fred Flemming's BBQ.
Winter Haven, Florida
“Amazing BBQ, Friendly Service, Will Be Back!”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Picked this restaurant by random browsing for BBQ - the best choice ever! Perhaps it was a little pricier than I'd have liked to have paid for a dinner, but nothing out of what I'd have paid at any sit-down restaurant, and far better quality. Visiting for Pride, will surely visit again for this BBQ alone. The owner was present (on a Saturday) and made us feel very welcome through our whole visit. Asking about our day (we had went to Pride and got really wet from the rain), telling us the history of the restaurant (and association with the Fred Fleming's name), and all of the meats, sauces, etc. The three of us agreed it was the best BBQ (possibly best food) we've ever had! Everything had such good flavor, was tender and easy to eat, and the portions were overly generous. This was one of the highlights of our trip to St. Pete and we'll surely stop back in here again (or maybe even make a special trip for it)!

• Visited June 2013

St. Petersburg, Florida
“good place for lunch”
Reviewed July 25, 2013

Champions is kind of pricey, but the food is really good. I would recommend getting the coconut cream pie/cake. Its sooo good. Service is good too.

Visited July 2013
Saint Petersburg, Florida, United States
“Good BBQ on 4th Street”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Very good BBQ and sauces, been there several times and will continue to go back. Small building but what matters is the food coming out. Very good service and greeted with a smile as soon as you enter the door.

• Visited June 2013
St. Petersburg, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Average food for above average prices”
Reviewed April 13, 2013

I guess because we ordered food to go and have never neen there before, we over paid. I got the garlic chicken wings that were awful. I threw them away. They sold us chips (we thought we were getting homemade chips, instead we got a very small bag of lays for $1.99. I got a side of potato salad in a very small cup, also $1.99. The cooked apples were good! Not going back!

Visited April 2013
Largo, Florida
“Great food and very nice guys”
Reviewed February 15, 2013

We ordered a few times online and always very good, recently I went to pick up the order and was treated oustandingly , from a gentleman that was doing some paperwork and inmediatelly stand up and was offering me sauces and just showing CARE ,A+ and then the younger man that gave me the order was super acommodating and when I asked him about the sign for Cuban sandwich ,he replied the best answer ever, "There great I get them all the time" This is what you wan't to hear , this people are CHAMPIONS, Thanks

Visited February 2013