“DELICIOUS GUMBO”

Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
New Por Richeyy, Florida, USA
“DELICIOUS GUMBO”
Reviewed March 20, 2014

This tiny, unpretentious eatery on Beach Drive has delicious gumbo and other louisiana fare, and is a good place for a quick lunch, after visiting the art museum or the chihuly museum in st. petersburg.

Visited November 2013

“CLOSED”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

I really liked AnnaStella Cajun Bistro, but unfortunately it closed at the end of 2013/beginning of 2014.

Visited February 2014
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Bland Food, Slow Service”
Reviewed December 27, 2013 via mobile

It took a bit too long to get our food. I got the seafood gumbo and hubby got red beans and rice with andouille sausage. Both dishes were very very bland. We also ordered the beignets which were ok, nice and hot but needed more powdered sugar. No refills on soda.

St. Petersburg, Florida
“Beignets taste better than Cafe Du Monde of New Orleans!”
Reviewed November 8, 2013

One of the epicurean delights that I miss most in New Orleans are the Beignets found at Cafe Du Monde. Well, one day I was walking on Beach Drive in St. Petersburg Florida and I stumbled upon a sandwich sign in front of AnnaStella Cajun Bistro. My heart swooned because I immediately remembered the wonderful taste at Cafe Du Monde. I wasn't very hopeful nor did I expect much but I ordered one and as they say in France . . . Voila!!! This one was more delicate, lighter and more flavorful then my memory in New Orleans. I became immediately addicted to Anna Stella's delicious Beignets and this caused me to look further into their menu. I want to come back for either their seafood and/or cajun omelettes. The service here is kind, personable and prompt. This little cafe is a star and should be revered for years to come. I recommend Ann Stella to anyone; resident or visitor alike!

• Visited November 2013
“Bland cajun”
Reviewed November 2, 2013

After ordering the server announced that all she wanted to do was leave. This wasn't very reassuring. I ordered the red beans and rice. It was very bland, and I don't believe that including slices of hot dogs counts as having sausage. (Think Chef Boyardee version of Cajun). My wife ordered a Greek salad, (not really Cajun), it was just a salad with some Feta cheese. The server put oil and vinegar on the table and said to use that for the dressing. Not even real Greek salad. Al in all, it wasn't very good, but they didn't poison us.

• Visited November 2013