“Fun for all ages!”

Ghost Tour of St Petersburg & Tampa Bay
Ranked #70 of 83 Tours in St. Petersburg
Reviewed October 12, 2012

We chose the Ghost Tour at John's Pass. This was the first ghost tour for our children 8 and 11. It was perfect, not too scary, but lots of history told in a spooky way. Geneva, our tour guide was a great storyteller and really held the kids attention. She seemed to really like her job. The only downside is that at eight in the evening there are still a lot of people around the tour areas, this is a minor distraction.

Reviewed October 6, 2012

have been to many ghost tours all over the country, and I would have to say this was one of the worst, for a couple of reasons.

1. I felt like there was a LOT of unnecessary walking. When we met up at the tea room, there was a group of probably 40 people, and we were split into three groups, each with a different tour guide. I forget the name of our guide, by he had a top hat with a rat on it. Anyway, because there were three different groups all doing the same tour at the same time, I felt like a lot of the walking we did was just to avoid the other tours. We basically only went to three places, all hotels. The Vinoy, The Indigo, and The Pier. All of these are in about a 3 or so block radius, and we must have walked at least 12 blocks. There was a lot of walking time with no stories.

2. I found the stories to be quite dull and repetitive. They all started the same, and felt very contrived and fake. I just got home from the tour, and I couldn't really tell you what any of the stories were about, because none of them struck my interest. Our tour guide wasn't a good storyteller at all.

3. When the tour was over, we stopped at some side street, instead of ending back up at the tea place where we started. As an out of towner, I really didn't know how to get back, and I was upset that we were just left to walk by ourselves in the dark when I really didn't know where I was going.

Another small point to mention...when we went to The Vinoy, our tour guide lied and told us that since our group was "special" we would be the only group on the tour that would get to go into the Vinoy, which was an obvious lie, and rubbed me the wrong way.

While I will say it was cool that we got to go inside certain locations, which is rare on ghost tours, it didn't make up for the bad storytelling or lack of interesting information. I would skip this tour.

5  Thank ChessieL
Reviewed September 15, 2012

my boyfriend and i did the st pete ghost tour tonight.it was a little rainy but we had a great time.i did take alot of pictures.i did get pics with orbs in them.the couple that did the tour was great and .taught us alot of the history and the ghost stories were great....this tour is worth going to...i will be going to check out the other tours as well......thanks again LOVED IT

Reviewed July 23, 2012

Good story telling .. I wished we could of went inside one of these reportedly haunted buildings we were hearing about .

1  Thank Pennpal123
See more reviews
Reviewed April 17, 2012

I wish I could remember the name of our tour guide in Tampa...she was great! She was just enough crazy to be the perfect storyteller, but not off the chart crazy. You could tell she really enjoyed her job and although we didn't see any ghosts on our tour, it was a great way to walk around downtown Tampa and hear some history that I didn't know existed. If you make reservations in advance over the phone, it's only $13, which I thought was pretty cheap for 2 hours of entertainment. We giggled a lot, but it was a fun evening. I probably would not have enjoyed the tour as much if it hadn't been for our tour guide...again, an amazing storyteller!