WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Moscato's Bella Cucina - CLOSED

Moscato's Bella Cucina
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
New York City, New York
“Convenient, just the right setting”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 5, 2012

We ate outside at this restaurant. The pizza I had was delicious, and the location downtown was convenient and pretty.

Visited November 2012

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Absolutely delicious worth the wait!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2012

We went to Moscatos this past weekend based on a recommendation. There was some kind of fair going on so had to walk cause there was no parking but so worth it. We arrived and the place was packed! Great guitarist too. We were greeted almost immediately and only had to wait a few minutes for our reserved table. The server, Allesondra, did tell us that there could be a wait for our entrees because the kitchen was really busy..we didn't mind. The wines and bread and olive oil kept us happy as well as the delicious house salad that is included with your entree! The place is so warm and friendly and top that off with great guitar music who cares about the wait! When our food arrived it was so nice looking we couldn't wait to taste it. Boy we were pleased. I mean the food was delicious!!! Fresh Pasta, the best Alfredo I ever had! The eggplant was obviously homemade and layered to perfection. Definitely recommend this place. We saw cirque du soleil after dinner and were extremely happy with the great night we had started at moscatos. The service was welcoming and consistent without being over bearing. I felt like they really enjoyed having us there and will do what they can to please. It's like going to your friends home. GREAT!

• 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Mangiabel
“Great little place... but,”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2012 via mobile

We went for an early dinner prior to a downtown show. Food was all very well done and flavorful. Homemade pasta, bread, best tirimisu I ever had. Service was adequate but nothing spectacular. We brought our own wine and paid the expected $15 corking charge.
All was very comfortable and enjoyable until we were asked to relinquish our table and take desert to an outside table because a 7pm reservation had arrived and they needed our spot. We were flabbergasted at the insensitivity of the management staff to even ask this. It was just 7 at that moment and desert was presumed to be on the way (only because of a delay to get their crepes prepared). We cancelled and left. Management called later to apologize and beg us not to think ill of them, but I have never experienced such a crass request in a restaurant. Tried not to penalize the waitress as I'm sure she was just following instructions. Although management seemed apologetic, they were of no consolation and the damage was done. Therefore, the dings on service and atmosphere. Take away this highly irregular incident and I would agree with the other reviews on all counts... would have been 5 stars, but I can not account for their lack of respect for guests.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
naples, fl
“I'm a repeat customer.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2012

I stopped in the second day of my visit to St. Pete. I was more tired than hungry, but I had the pasta fagioli soup. It hit the spot, thick and delicious with just a hit of heat. The server was courteous and very helpful. The restaurant was clean and colorful and comfortable. I went back two days later for a late lunch. The same server was on and immediately remembered that I was lactose-intolerant. I had pasta fagioli soup (hey, it was so good the first time and ....) and penne with garlic, oil and spinach. The portion was generous and extremely good. I just wish I could have eaten more.

I would have been glad to go back and eat there again, but they are closed SUnday and Monday so I wasn't able to explore the menu some more. Next time I'm in St. Peter, I'll eat here again. It was excellent!

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Tampa, Florida
“Excellent Everything!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

We're new to St. Pete and went out this past Saturday nite looking for a place for dinner (without reservations!). We decided on Italian and just walked. We hit Moscato's and from the first look it appeared really good: clean, busy and lovely, live guitar music. We didnt' have reservations so were seated at a hightop table, which was no problem. Despite crowd and live music we could still have a conversation. The food was fabulous!! The service (Jenna!) was exceptional and everyone from staff to patrons were friendly and having a good time. We had an excellent experience and will definitly go back!!

• Visited November 2012