“Extra love and care in each dish”
Review of The Queen and I - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
The Queen and I
Cuisines: Asian
Saint Petersburg, Florida, United States
“Extra love and care in each dish”
Reviewed December 31, 2012

We went on Christmas Eve and it was very delicious! The dumplings were homemade, the salad was plentiful and the chicken pad thai was delicious! Everything was fresh and very, very tasty. Prices are a few dollars higher than at other nearby Thai places...but again, everything is very fresh. The restaurant sits in the Grand Central district in a renovated building and doesn't look like much on the outside, but once you step inside the Queen and I, it is a beautiful sight to see. We will definitely be returning.

Visited December 2012

Largo, Florida
“Below Average Thai”
Reviewed October 5, 2012

There are lots of good Thai restaurants in Pinellas County. So there is no need to go to a mediocre Thai restaurant. And that is what we have here.

The Tom Kha soup was lightly flavored and a bit on the thin side. The Veggie Soup was just bland. In the entrees, the Ginger Stir-Fry was pleasant and probably the most successful dish. The good old Thai standard of Pad Thai was just all right, again with a thin flavor. The fried banana dessert used over-ripe bananas and, again, was a bit bland. The coffee (at $3/cup) tasted odd and, upon asking, I discovered that it was instant—what a shame.

The service was scatter-shot and confused. The décor is basic and, like the food, a bit boring.

Too many other Thai restaurants get it right to bother returning here.

• Visited October 2012
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best meal yet in St Pete”
Reviewed October 2, 2012 via mobile

In short, best meal we have had in St Pete. Try the fried ice cream... To die for! We had spring rolls, curry chicken and Pad Thai. Service was average but food exceptional. We will return for sure!

St. Petersburg, Florida
“I will never return”
Reviewed September 8, 2012

They advertise as a sushi bar but have no sushi!! The place was dingy, food subpar, and the owner was one of the rudest people I have encountered in the restaurant industry! I wouldn't go back even if they offered me a free meal.

St. Petersburg, Florida
“Great little Thai restaurant”
Reviewed July 11, 2012

You would never know from the outside how nice this restaurant is. The decor is terrific, and unique, and the food is wonderful, and affordable. The service is top notch.

Visited January 2012