“Best ice cream ever!”

Old Farmer's Creamery
Ranked #7 of 29 Dessert in St. Petersburg
Cuisines: American
Description: This place serves incredible ice cream and desserts.
Description: This place serves incredible ice cream and desserts.
Reviewed May 3, 2014 via mobile

We live in St a Petersburg and it's hard sometimes to stay away! They have a great variety of favors that can be seasonal and they are always fresh and delicious ! The staff is great and is always patient while you area king the ever so difficult decision of which flavor to get! Highly recommend this ice cream!

1  Thank Cyn818

Reviewed November 27, 2013

While on an anniversary trip, we felt like having ice cream and just happened to see the shop. I tried 3 different flavors of their homemade ice cream and I've never tasted ice cream that is so good. I don't know how they make it, but I know I could taste each distinctive ingredient in the flavors I tried and the taste and texture was great! I wish I didn't live 3 hours away, but I'll stop in the next time I'm in that area.

1  Thank gfbutler1
Reviewed August 26, 2013

I mean, if you think about it, all ice cream places deserve 5 stars unless all they have is something like pistachio banana ice cream. It's ice cream. Baskin Robins and such places would get 4 and home made would get 5. However, in an effort to differentiate a bit, I'll go with 4 because I still think Big Olaf's is the best in the area.

But this place is good. They have lots of flavors and sundae and even a blizzard-like treat. Girlfriend and I split a scoop of cookies and cream, and I have to admit, it was wonderfully cookie-full and very creamy.

My only problem with this place is that the high school girls they have working there are a bit aggressive. As we walked in (and other people after us) one of the girls asked literally before the door even closed what we wanted or did we need more time. Ummmmmm, I just walked in and while you don't know I've never been here before, how many people walk into an ice cream store and order before they even look at the flavors? Here's an ice cream customer service tip - when a person walks in say "hi, welcome to ...., just let us know when you're ready and we'll be happy to help you." Then let the customer peruse your flavors and when they look up, ask them what they would like. Heck, wait until they at least get to the counter.

Otherwise, I will certainly be back. Dying to try one of the blizzard treats with some of their delicious flavors.

Reviewed June 27, 2013

Old farmer's Creamery is the best homemade ice cream in town. This is a small family run business with so many ice cream choices. Only downside..... cash only...

1  Thank Gail P
Reviewed June 24, 2013

We love this place! Great place to stop for desert or a mid day snack. Folks are friendly and will help you make the sweetest decision. If you like dairy queens blizzards then prepare to be won over ten fold.

1  Thank Robert J