“Great tour with new segways”

All About Fun Tours
Ranked #21 of 80 Tours in St. Petersburg
Florida
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 49 helpful votes
“Great tour with new segways”
Reviewed November 11, 2012

I had a Half off Depot coupon that expired. Dave honored it which really pleased me. He used to have older segways but they have been replaced with new ones. My sister and I were the only two on the tour and since we were experienced (have done other Segway tours) it was easy for us to explore the city. Dave asked us what we would like to see. We chose an architectural tour, since we are from the area, we didn't need to see water front. We saw St Pete in a totally different way than just driving by. It was really cool and Dave pointed out many structures that I never noticed before. We totally enjoyed ourselves and can't wait to go back to the areas that Dave opened our eyes to.

5 Thank bongo1578

Norfolk, Virginia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“He oversold the tour”
Reviewed November 4, 2012

Beware of this guys practices. We walked-in asking for a tour without a reservation. The guide kept us waiting for more than 20 minutes. At 14:00 he collected our money and we started (quite late) with the training. Twenty minutes after, a couple showed up saying they had a reservation and could not find the place. The guide, instead of telling them they lost their slot for being late, asked us to go and issued a refund. All group was upset. We because he broke a paid deal, the rest because by the time we left the tour was a good hour late. When I talked the guy into providing some compensation (such as discount coupon for a later tour) he just looked away. What a nice way to loose time! What a foolish way to upset everybody!

9 Thank Adomenicus
Saint Pete Beach, Florida
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“WHAT great FUN!”
Reviewed October 19, 2012

I have been wanting to do this for YEARS. I treated myself as a b'day present for #62. I emailed Dave (the owner) and was pleasantly surprised by his swift phone reply during which he answered all of my questions completely.
Upon arrival I was impressed by his focus on safety and his thorough and INDIVIDUAL instruction. Dave happily complied with all of the individual special requests to assure our total satisfaction. Two others in our group were 'repeats' and that speaks volumes about satisfaction and value.
I took several business cards and have already sent an email to over 90 friends in my condo complex and the area urging them to give it a try and telling them I'd happily go with them if they wished for company.
Additionally... Dave focused upon local history and attractions.
Our SEGWAYS were all 'like new' and in excellent condition.
Our safety helmets were also spotless.
You may find a free spot to park behind the museum from which Dave operates, there are restrooms and drinking fountains there as well. If that lot is full, you can park all day in the DOLPHIN lot for only $3, it's due east of the museum.
I can't wait to go again and am giving serious consideration to purchasing a Segway.
GO FOR IT!

2 Thank DukeOfDazzle
Florida
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Easier and More Fun than I Expected!”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

I wasn't sure about these - I think Segways are weird-looking, but my friend wanted to try, so we did! There were three of us with the owner, Dave. He taught us how and we practiced before we left. I never tipped over! I laughed and laughed!! We traveled for 1.5 hours from the Museum of History north through neighorhoods and back along Beach Drive. Discovered several downtown parks, which made downtown St Pete even more exciting than it already was.
The only negative is that he was primarily talking to whoever was directly behind him unless we came to a stop. Since we didn't have headsets, we were unable to hear anything else.
I would like to go again, but I do think the price to ride any segways in the area is way too high.

There is room in the bag attached to the segway to put a large purse. :)

Visited September 2012
1 Thank DLFlorida
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Oldest Segways EVER”
Reviewed April 23, 2012

Not an informative tour of St. Petersburg. Headsets were not used so that the entire group could hear what was being said. The Segways in this fleet are in serious need of repair. Two people in our tour could not steer straight and the owner said it was due to low air pressure in the tires. One of the Segways only had one handle to hold onto the other handle was broken right off. These are not newer models but first generation Segways which did not provide the enjoyable rides we have had on other tours. Normally I don’t want a Segway ride to end but on this tour after the first ten minutes I was ready to leave the Segway on the sidewalk and walk back to the museum parking lot. If you want to avoid lame jokes and poorly maintained equipment look elsewhere for a Segway Tour.

Visited February 2012