“Underwhelmed”

Harold Seltzer's Steakhouse
Ranked #28 of 927 Restaurants in St. Petersburg
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Rediscover the Great American Steakhouse tonight at Harold Seltzer's. Located in the heart of St. Petersburg, the Original Seltzer's Steakhouse is back with excellent food, friendly service and roaring fireplaces for a guaranteed good time.Join us for date night or a family outing and enjoy delicious steaks, seafood and homemade sides in our classic and cozy atmosphere. Our extensive lunch, dinner and late night menus offer a variety of dishes including our hand cut steaks that are perfectly aged (35+ days), flame broiled and lightly spiced for better flavor and tenderness. We also feature weekly specials and a daily happy hour at our full bar with specialty cocktails, draft and bottled beer and a wide selection of wines.Please visit our website for a full menu and additional information on takeout, delivery, catering and private party availability. From everyone at Harold Seltzer's Steakhouse, we welcome you to our family and hope you enjoy your time with us as much as we enjoy serving you!
Reviewed January 10, 2014

I just tried this steakhouse for the first time. I ordered the 6 oz. sirloin and added on a lobster tail for an additional charge of $10.00. The service was good (not great) but the food was..underwhelming. The steak was the smallest six ounces I have ever been served and the $10 lobster yielded 4 bites. The place was busy though...just nothing out of the ordinary. Maybe I should have gone to Outback.

Harold S, Manager at Harold Seltzer's Steakhouse, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2014

I'm glad you enjoyed the service, but I'm sorry you were underwhelmed by the food. We weigh all of our steaks to be the appropriate portion, so it's a bit surprising to hear you thought your filet was smaller than six ounces. That said, please don't hesitate to let your server know if you're unhappy with your meal and we'd be happy to follow up with you right away. I hope you'll give us another shot to serve you a tasty steak dinner in the future!

All the best,

Reviewed January 2, 2014

We had a 6:00 p.m. reservation at Seltzer's Restaurant. There was already a crowd and we waited about 15 minutes to be seated. Unfortunately, the table for two was situated on a corner with traffic in two directions. However,
the real problem was a cold draft due to the doors being constantly opened to the outside. When two sheltered
booths opened up, I asked to be moved. This request was denied by the person in charge of seating. In spite of
wearing my husband's jacket over my own, I was still chilled so called our lovely server and cancelled our lobster
dinner as the order had not yet been put through. We asked for the bill (for our drinks) and were about to leave
when the manager, Bill, came by and apologized most sincerely and offered us a complimentary dinner on our
next visit. This was followed up by a visit from Mr. Seltzer himself, again with apologies. As we insisted on
leaving for home, Mr. Seltzer sent us on our way with a New Year's dinner, a large portion of Seltzer's famous
roast beef along with garlic mashed potatoes and horseradish sauce. . What a great treat on a cold night.
Thank you, Mr. Harold for this gracious gift and your hospitality. This is one of the reasons we are frequent
customers to your thriving restaurant. And, kudos to that superb waitress ... she's a keeper.

Harold S, Manager at Harold Seltzer's Steakhouse, responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2014

It makes me happy to hear that you two ended up enjoying your evening despite us starting off an a bad foot. A shivering cold dining experience is no way to start off 2014, and I'm glad that we could make it up to you. Thank you for accepting our apologies and continuing to show us your support. I truly appreciate it. I'm looking forward to passing your message along to Bill and your server as well.

Here's to a new year and a better experience at our place next time around!

Harold

Reviewed December 25, 2013

Great steakhouse with great steaks and the service was great as well. This was the first time that we eat here and it was a great experience. He had reservations and you better it seems always crowed when we drive by. In about five minutes we had our table.. The server was great and as crowed as it was they never rushed us which was real nice. I had the nine ounce filet and it was done just the way I wanted it. Wife a turkey dinner with a little bit of everything stuffing, corn, mash potatoes and she said it was good.

Harold S, Manager at Harold Seltzer's Steakhouse, responded to this reviewResponded December 30, 2013

Thanks for the 5-star review! I'm happy to hear you both enjoyed your meals and felt the service was friendly. It's great that you made reservations and we were able to get you to your table quickly. We hope to see you both back again for a tasty meal!

All the best,

Reviewed December 21, 2013

Tonight we celebrated my wife's birthday at Harold Seltzer's Steakhouse in St Petersburg, FL. The drinks and food was outstanding. Our waitress, Emily R, was out of this world.

Harold S, Manager at Harold Seltzer's Steakhouse, responded to this reviewResponded December 23, 2013

Thanks for celebrating your wife's birthday with us! I'm happy to hear you enjoyed your meal and that Emily ensured you had a 5-star experience. I'll be sure to pass your compliments along to her and the rest of the staff. We'd love to have you back for dinner, celebratory or not, sometime soon!

Take care,

Reviewed November 29, 2013

I have eaten at Seltzers everal times over the past few years. After reading some of the reviews posted I was a little hesitant to return. Our experience was nothing but a pleasure. We had a 5:00PM reservation and although there was a very large crowd we were seated at 5:03. We were immediately waited on and our food was delivered very quickly. The entrees were served hot and exactly as ordered. The service and food was great. I would not hesitate to recommend them.

1  Thank Largo60
Harold S, Harold Seltzer, Owner at Harold Seltzer's Steakhouse, responded to this reviewResponded December 2, 2013

Thanks for taking a moment to review us! It's gratifying to know your visit was marked by terrific food and service—can't wait to share this with the team. What dishes did you try exactly? Thanks again for sharing and come back soon!

Take care,