“Bad experience with their steak”

Harold Seltzer's Steakhouse
Ranked #27 of 936 Restaurants in St. Petersburg
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Rediscover the Great American Steakhouse tonight at Harold Seltzer's. Located in the heart of St. Petersburg, the Original Seltzer's Steakhouse is back with excellent food, friendly service and roaring fireplaces for a guaranteed good time.Join us for date night or a family outing and enjoy delicious steaks, seafood and homemade sides in our classic and cozy atmosphere. Our extensive lunch, dinner and late night menus offer a variety of dishes including our hand cut steaks that are perfectly aged (35+ days), flame broiled and lightly spiced for better flavor and tenderness. We also feature weekly specials and a daily happy hour at our full bar with specialty cocktails, draft and bottled beer and a wide selection of wines.Please visit our website for a full menu and additional information on takeout, delivery, catering and private party availability. From everyone at Harold Seltzer's Steakhouse, we welcome you to our family and hope you enjoy your time with us as much as we enjoy serving you!
Reviewed August 14, 2013

I was expecting a great ribeye steak since it was a steakhouse....I was very disappointed. The steak was unlike what I was anticipating because it was cut in the shape of a rectangle and although I wanted it medium rare, it just wasn't tender at all. However the lobster one in our party had was very good and a great price. I just got the short end of the stick with my meal because the broccoli was cool at best and rubbery. The server was pleasant and when I commented about the steak she offered a complimentary dessert. I wasn't interested in trying anything else there. I was only visiting the area and don't have to worry about ever going there again.

1  Thank LSB_Phila_Pa

Reviewed August 12, 2013

My daughter, wife, and in-laws were with me we were celebrating. We came early and it was a bit slow. The greeter and waiter were both very nice and accomodating. The first thing that surprised me were the prices. With a proper staff and a nice looking dining area I expected dishes to be in the $25+ range. Instead prices ranged from $12-25. I ordered the filet kabob and they all ordered the prime rib (which is what this place is known for). The prime rib was huge, came with 2 sides and was served with au jus and creamy horseradish. I tried my wife's and it was great! She had garlic mashed potatoes and steamed vegetable medley. I had yellow rice and black beans and a salad with my kabobs. Our food was great, include the onion appetizer. We are certainly going again the next time we want steak.

Reviewed August 4, 2013

We had a baby shower for my granddaughter....the waiter David was excellent! He anticipated every need in advance and we couldn't have asked for better service, food and facilities. I highly recommend!

Reviewed July 27, 2013

We wanted steak and we got a great meal. My fillet was tender and cooked exactly to order. Others who had prime rib were quite pleased also. The dinner rolls were warm, salads were fresh, garlic mashed potatoes really good and the service was excellent. We will be back!

Reviewed July 14, 2013

Went there for my birthday and was very surprised. I ordered filet and wife ordered coconut shrimp. We both love coconut shrimp and have had it all over Florida. The shrimp were HUGE. Very well flavored. We will be back just for the shrimp.