“The Ultimate Steakhouse Experience”

Harold Seltzer's Steakhouse
Ranked #25 of 907 Restaurants in St. Petersburg
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Rediscover the Great American Steakhouse tonight at Harold Seltzer's. Located in the heart of St. Petersburg, the Original Seltzer's Steakhouse is back with excellent food, friendly service and roaring fireplaces for a guaranteed good time.Join us for date night or a family outing and enjoy delicious steaks, seafood and homemade sides in our classic and cozy atmosphere. Our extensive lunch, dinner and late night menus offer a variety of dishes including our hand cut steaks that are perfectly aged (35+ days), flame broiled and lightly spiced for better flavor and tenderness. We also feature weekly specials and a daily happy hour at our full bar with specialty cocktails, draft and bottled beer and a wide selection of wines.Please visit our website for a full menu and additional information on takeout, delivery, catering and private party availability. From everyone at Harold Seltzer's Steakhouse, we welcome you to our family and hope you enjoy your time with us as much as we enjoy serving you!
Magdeburg, Germany
“The Ultimate Steakhouse Experience”
Reviewed February 18, 2013

I'm American, but I live in Europe. When I was down in St. Pete with my family, my daughter said she wanted to go to a real American restaurant. As we were driving down Tyrone Blvd., I saw the sign for Harold Seltzer's Steakhouse. I figured, let's go there for dinner. What a great choice it turned out to be! The atmosphere was really American. We got prompt, friendly service, and freshly baked homemade rolls. I had a creamy cup of delicious New England clam chowder to start off with, followed by a perfect Caesar salad. I ordered the ribeye and my wife and daughter both ordered a filet mignon. I can't describe how succulent my steak was. They served it with creamed spinach (divine) and mashed potatoes with garlic. I had had potatoes like that in a fine restaurant in Budapest, but these mashed potatoes with garlic were every bit as good. We topped off the fine meal with coffee and three desserts: key lime pie, chocolate explosion, and my favorite, the Napoleon. The staff was there when we needed them and made us feel welcome. The prices were reasonable. I know my daughter was impressed with her visit to a real American Steak House. My wife and I were too. I highly recommend Harold Seltzer's Steakhouse, especially to those , who want the real American steakhouse experience.

• Visited February 2013
4 Thank production8media

“Great place to eat.”
Reviewed February 16, 2013

The staff was great, thank you Heather, the food was excellent and served in a timely manner. Mr. Seltzer came by each table and greeted each party. We will return.

4 Thank Wabofi
Markstay, Canada
“Excellent food!”
Reviewed February 9, 2013

We've been at this restaurant several times in the past year for birthdays and anniversaries. We can't ask for any better. The steak and chicken are very delicious; the ribs are to die for! The prices are very reasonable. The bonus is the wine and desert for the birthday / anniversary person(s). The lights are dim (superb for a romantic supper). The service is good and so is the staff. We recommend this place to everyone :)

• Visited January 2013
2 Thank lorybell
St. Petersburg, Florida
“STEAK AND MORE”
Reviewed February 7, 2013

We visited Harold Seltzer's Steakhouse (not to be confused with the former Sam Seltzers), yesterday, to celebrate our 90 year old friends birthday. When you have a birthday you have your choice of a free bottle of house wine, or a dessert. We chose the wine, of course.
They are famous for prime rib, which we have had preciously, and was excellent. Yesterday we had steaks. The 6 oz steak was juicy and cooked to perfection. My rib eye was the same, excellent! They have a new menu item: sweet potato puffs! Ummmmmmm, yummy and sweet! There are many choices of sides, with each being generous portions. Enjoy to die for home baked herbed rolls, and a dessert menu of delicious delights.
Service was the usual smiling faces and politeness.
They had run out of lamb the day before, which was my first selection, but that tells me it was good previous to our arrival. My idea is that if they have run out, then they certainly serve fresh items, otherwise they would still have chops in the freezer...right?
Prices are extremely reasonable. Enjoy!

• Visited February 2013
4 Thank AlanandKathy
St. Petersburg, Florida
“Prime Rib Dinner”
Reviewed January 25, 2013

We were seated in a short time as we had made reservations for a thursday night which is Prime Rib night. Very crowded, both inside and out with people waiting for tables. We had a huge table for 2 in the main dining room to the left of the bar area. Our waitress name was Sunita and she was wonderful. Very attentive and fun to chat with. I ordered Cesear Salad, Prime Rib and Baked Potatoe. Everything was very good. The salad was one of the best I have had. Since this Seltzers is close by for me I get to come a few times a year! Will return.

• Visited January 2013