“Bugs”

Harold Seltzer's Steakhouse
Ranked #41 of 970 Restaurants in St. Petersburg
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Rediscover the Great American Steakhouse tonight at Harold Seltzer's. Located in the heart of St. Petersburg, the Original Seltzer's Steakhouse is back with excellent food, friendly service and roaring fireplaces for a guaranteed good time.Join us for date night or a family outing and enjoy delicious steaks, seafood and homemade sides in our classic and cozy atmosphere. Our extensive lunch, dinner and late night menus offer a variety of dishes including our hand cut steaks that are perfectly aged (35+ days), flame broiled and lightly spiced for better flavor and tenderness. We also feature weekly specials and a daily happy hour at our full bar with specialty cocktails, draft and bottled beer and a wide selection of wines.Please visit our website for a full menu and additional information on takeout, delivery, catering and private party availability. From everyone at Harold Seltzer's Steakhouse, we welcome you to our family and hope you enjoy your time with us as much as we enjoy serving you!
Reviewed November 16, 2012

We used to go here all the time when it was Sam's, then we moved away. We came back for our 10th anniversary (we had our rehearsal dinner here back then). Everything was fine, and as we remembered until we got our entrees. Her filet "medallions" were full of gristle. My ribeye was ok for the price, until a roach crawled across my plate. Server JD was very apologetic and the meal was comped, which was a good thing because my wife's ended up in their front landscaping when she couldn't hold it down. Huge letdown...I guess you really can't go home again.

1  Thank Nzigler

Reviewed November 10, 2012

The prime rib in this place is just tops. Go there every time I am in Florida. Only negative is that there normally is quite a waiting list to get in.

2  Thank Ernst K
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Sam Seltzer's was much better. Now it's Harold Seltzer's the quality of the food seems to have deteriorated. On this visit we found our New York steaks to be chewy and gristly. Previous visit, Prime Ribs were nearly all fat. Bread rolls greasy, silly little croutons on table for what reason I do not know. Famed Napolean desert not good. Fortunately the salad and garlic mash were quite nice.

1  Thank Topolli
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Our first visit was with friends. Everyone agreed that the atmosphere was warm and cordial, the waitstaff was attentive and well-informed about the menu. The food was cooked the way we requested and was delicious. The two of us have returned three more times and nothing has changed except the waitstaff seems even more relaxed and friendlier. The Seltzer family seems to be doing it right. They are located near and competing with several good restaurants but will continue to get our patronage with this high quality service, food and preparation.

1  Thank BobT721
Reviewed October 14, 2012

We went for dinner this evening. My husband had a ribeye and I had the prime rib. The prime rib was excellent - probably one of the best I have had. My husband agreed - he stole the rest of mine after I offered a sample. His steak was also very good. We both had salads and garlic mashed potatoes. Both were very good - especially the homemade croutons and dressing. Loved the garlic rolls. The decor was upscale old NY steakhouse. Our service was excellent. Great evening out on vacation!

3  Thank RNMOM331