“Good Steak but not hot!”

Harold Seltzer's Steakhouse
Ranked #27 of 919 Restaurants in St. Petersburg
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Rediscover the Great American Steakhouse tonight at Harold Seltzer's. Located in the heart of St. Petersburg, the Original Seltzer's Steakhouse is back with excellent food, friendly service and roaring fireplaces for a guaranteed good time.Join us for date night or a family outing and enjoy delicious steaks, seafood and homemade sides in our classic and cozy atmosphere. Our extensive lunch, dinner and late night menus offer a variety of dishes including our hand cut steaks that are perfectly aged (35+ days), flame broiled and lightly spiced for better flavor and tenderness. We also feature weekly specials and a daily happy hour at our full bar with specialty cocktails, draft and bottled beer and a wide selection of wines.Please visit our website for a full menu and additional information on takeout, delivery, catering and private party availability. From everyone at Harold Seltzer's Steakhouse, we welcome you to our family and hope you enjoy your time with us as much as we enjoy serving you!
“Good Steak but not hot!”
Reviewed October 1, 2012 via mobile

Not the best Steak and not the worst.
If it had been hot it would have been good. The Cesar's salad was good the bread and croutons weren't.
We expected more.

Brick,NJ
“Great food, poor service”
Reviewed September 22, 2012

My wife and I made our usual trip to Seltzers when we were in the Tampa Bay area. I had the 1lb. cut Prime Rib and my wife had 6oz fillet. Our drink and then food orders were quickly taken. Our drinks came out, the appitizer (fried calamari, outstanding) came out, the salads next then nothing. We waited at least 20 minutes before she came over to inform us that our food was coming out and that there was a banquet that was cooked before us. This was unacceptable. I would rather know that there is a wait before I order than to be told after I'm waiting and ready to drop a 20 on the table and walk out.
We have been to Harold Seltzers before and everything was excellent. I hope this was just a "bad nite" and not the new norm. Bad service was the begining of the end for Sam Seltzer's.
When our travels bring us back to Tampa Bay area, we will try again.

• Visited September 2012
St. Petersburg, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“off tasting”
Reviewed September 22, 2012

It seemed like the steaks had been marinated and did not have the flavor I expected for the cuts ordered. Have been there before and felt service is uneven from visit to visit.

Visited January 2012
Saint Petersburg, FL
“One More Try”
Reviewed August 31, 2012

Visited at 6:45 p.m. Excellent salad selection although croutons that were served were burnt. Prime Rib Special was routine. Pork chops were dried out. Shrimp salad at $9.00 had only four medium size shrimp on it. When I commented to the server he replied: "I agree." but made no offer to improve. Baked potatoes and mashed potatoes were barely average. Baked were not salt-encrusted as served on earlier occasions. Service was prompt and environment was clean and comfortable.

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank guglielmotti
Hudson, Florida, United States
“Harolds makes any occasion special”
Reviewed August 30, 2012

I am never disappointed when i go to Harolds. The atmosphere is elegant, the staff is very accommodating and professional, and the prime rib is to die for. I have never had prime rib that is so succulent and flavorful. The french onion soup is one of my favorites and the coconut shrimp appetizer is a meal in itself. My husband and I go there whenever we are tired of the local chains. Its nice refreshing change. I would recommend it highly to anyone who is visiting and anyone who wants a fresh change. Don't forget the try the Cuban sandwich, I think it is the best in town!

• Visited August 2012