“One More Try”

Harold Seltzer's Steakhouse
Ranked #28 of 935 Restaurants in St. Petersburg
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Rediscover the Great American Steakhouse tonight at Harold Seltzer's. Located in the heart of St. Petersburg, the Original Seltzer's Steakhouse is back with excellent food, friendly service and roaring fireplaces for a guaranteed good time.Join us for date night or a family outing and enjoy delicious steaks, seafood and homemade sides in our classic and cozy atmosphere. Our extensive lunch, dinner and late night menus offer a variety of dishes including our hand cut steaks that are perfectly aged (35+ days), flame broiled and lightly spiced for better flavor and tenderness. We also feature weekly specials and a daily happy hour at our full bar with specialty cocktails, draft and bottled beer and a wide selection of wines.Please visit our website for a full menu and additional information on takeout, delivery, catering and private party availability. From everyone at Harold Seltzer's Steakhouse, we welcome you to our family and hope you enjoy your time with us as much as we enjoy serving you!
Reviewed August 31, 2012

Visited at 6:45 p.m. Excellent salad selection although croutons that were served were burnt. Prime Rib Special was routine. Pork chops were dried out. Shrimp salad at $9.00 had only four medium size shrimp on it. When I commented to the server he replied: "I agree." but made no offer to improve. Baked potatoes and mashed potatoes were barely average. Baked were not salt-encrusted as served on earlier occasions. Service was prompt and environment was clean and comfortable.

1  Thank guglielmotti

Reviewed August 30, 2012

I am never disappointed when i go to Harolds. The atmosphere is elegant, the staff is very accommodating and professional, and the prime rib is to die for. I have never had prime rib that is so succulent and flavorful. The french onion soup is one of my favorites and the coconut shrimp appetizer is a meal in itself. My husband and I go there whenever we are tired of the local chains. Its nice refreshing change. I would recommend it highly to anyone who is visiting and anyone who wants a fresh change. Don't forget the try the Cuban sandwich, I think it is the best in town!

2  Thank Pam C
Reviewed August 29, 2012

harolds is best for the prime rib. the steaks are also good. so give them a try. come after 830pm because the folks in the area go to bed after 830pm. so if you come after 830pm there is no wait.
this is a steak house thats what they do best not seafood good prices for the food. full bar too.

2  Thank letsgetfoodnow
Reviewed August 26, 2012

My husband were there on a Friday night and there was no wait at 7:30 which should have told us to go somewhere else. We had fried mushrooms for an appetizer which we ok but kind of bland. My husband ordered a cheeseburger and I a filet. My filet was ok and cooked properly but just not great. The fries (there own special fries with gravy) were pointless. The gravy was water and none of my fries were even an inch long. The real problem was my husband's burger. He ordered it medium and it came out well done or burnt. The bottom of the patty was black. He sent it back. While we waited for his new burger we saw three other tables in our section send plates back. They all appeared to be steaks. When I was almost finished my meal, his burger came back and was still well done but at least not burnt. The manager and waiter were great and the manager offered to cook a third burger but instead took it off the bill. Needless to say we won't go back.

1  Thank Boofy221
Reviewed August 24, 2012

The food was bland and completely uninspired. The bland food maybe good for the retirement home crowd but not so good for the rest of us. And please turn of the awful classic rock sation what a great to kill any ambiance.

1  Thank Bill L