“Comfortable - Friendly - Great Experience”

St. Petersburg Marriott Clearwater
Ranked #15 of 41 Hotels in St. Petersburg
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Comfortable - Friendly - Great Experience”
Reviewed July 26, 2014 via mobile

I've stayed here multiple times for business and each time I'm impressed how comfortable I feel at this hotel.

The restaurant is new this year and everyone raved about the meeting room food.

The bar is always the place to connect and learn from colleagues and this place offers friendly service, great selection and a fun environment.

Whenever I'm in the area, this convenient location Marriott can't be beat.

Stayed July 2014
IanLarson, General Manager at St. Petersburg Marriott Clearwater, responded to this review, August 4, 2014
Thank you so much for sharing your great comments about our hotel, the St. Petersburg Marriott Clearwater! I appreciate and thank you for being a frequent guest with us! Please know that I will share your great feedback with our staff, and we will look forward to hosting you on your next visit!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
West Palm Beach, Florida
Reviewed July 20, 2014 via mobile

The room was big and very clean. It's in a convenient location right off the highway! The hotel is only 20 minutes to both Saint Pete Beach and Clearwater Beach. Very nice pool area and the staff was polite. I Definitely would stay here again!!

1 Thank Jim M
IanLarson, General Manager at St. Petersburg Marriott Clearwater, responded to this review, July 22, 2014
Thank you for sharing your comments regarding your recent visit to the St. Petersburg Marriott Clearwater. I'm happy that you found our location convenient to your needs, and that you enjoyed your experience with us. We hope to see you back again soon!
Lexington, Kentucky
Reviewed July 10, 2014

This was a quick trip. My husband and I stayed at this hotel while sailing and visiting some friends. With the construction, it was a little tricky to get to, but it is a very nice hotel. Very clean and comfortable. It also has a great restaurant that accommodated our late arrival hunger.
We did have an issue with our towels. We hung our towels so they would not be taken and laundered. We returned to our room to find our towels had been taken and not replaced. We were disappointed to learn that a sports team was in the hotel and the hotel had run our of clean towels. We did not get clean towels until after 10pm and we had to check out the next morning. Had the hotel stuck to their policy of "hang your towels if you dont want them laundered", we would not have had an issue. We were trying to be environmentally friendly.

Green Features: We hung our towels so they would not be taken and laundered. We returned to our room to find our towels had been taken and not replaced. Disappointed that they hotel did not stick to their policy.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
IanLarson, General Manager at St. Petersburg Marriott Clearwater, responded to this review, July 11, 2014
I appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel, the St. Petersburg Marriott Clearwater! Thank you for sharing your comments regarding your towel situation; I apologize and will be certain to address with our Housekeeping department. I am pleased that you enjoyed the other aspects of your stay, and hope that we will see you back soon!
Sugar Land, Texas
Reviewed July 5, 2014 via mobile

The hotel impresses with it's size and spacious decor. There's a nice restaurant that has a bar and a pricey menu. We ate here and ordered a simple wrap and salad, which were both very good. Bill was a bit steep, but we expected that because it was a hotel restaurant. The room seemed clean, but not sparkling. The a/c was not as cold as I would have liked, and the beds were very, very firm with small pillows. On the whole, I would say it is one of those hotels that focuses on it's appearance more than its substance.

1 Thank KKSugar
IanLarson, General Manager at St. Petersburg Marriott Clearwater, responded to this review, July 7, 2014
Thank you for taking a quick moment to share your feedback regarding your recent visit to the St. Petersburg Marriott Clearwater. I am happy that you enjoyed your visit! Please know that we will look into the suggestions you mention. We hope that you have an opportunity to come back and visit us soon!
Okeechobee, Florida
Reviewed June 26, 2014

I stayed overnight on a business trip. I didn't get to really explore the facility because I got in around 1030pm and left the following morning. Front desk staff was professional and friendly. Luckily room service is available to 11pm and my order was delivered quickly. The hotel was very quiet too, so I got a good, if not too short, sleep. The concierge lounge provided a quick snack in the morning before heading out. Only complaints: the wireless internet signal strength was minimal to non-existent in my room (5th floor out of 7) and the local streets were busy with no sidewalks, so jogging outside was not feasible.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
IanLarson, General Manager at St. Petersburg Marriott Clearwater, responded to this review, June 27, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your recent visit to the St. Petersburg Marriott Clearwater! I am glad that you enjoyed your experience with us. Thank you for mentioning your challenge with the internet; please know that I will have my Engineering staff look into immediately. We hope you have an opportunity to visit us again soon!
New Mexico
Reviewed June 25, 2014

The hotel was beautiful and the staff was attentive from the moment we stepped into the building. The rooms were spacious and comfortable. Best of all, I slept in the most comfortable bed I've ever been in. I do not sleep well in general so I was surprised to fall asleep at night and wake up 8 hours later feeling rested. That never happens in a hotel. We got the room through Priceline and it was super cheap. We lived like princes and paid like paupers.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
IanLarson, General Manager at St. Petersburg Marriott Clearwater, responded to this review, June 26, 2014
Thank you for your feedback regarding our hotel and your recent stay! I am glad that your experience was a postive one, and that you enjoyed a peaceful night of rest in our comfortable beds! We hope you are able to return soon!
Sarasota, FL
Reviewed June 19, 2014

Check-in via their mobile app was a breeze. I have Gold status, so I was placed in a single King room on the 8th floor, with access to the 9th floor concierge room. No suite, however, the price of the room was super cheap, so no complaints. The room was a bit dated, the bed was noisy and not very comfortable, although the sheets were nice. Did not care for the tub bath- The shower head was about to fall off and I generally prefer a walk-in shower. One nice feature was a door to the hallway which separated 2 rooms from the hallway- You hear no hallway noise at all. Not so good was the fact the locks of these hall doors do not work and you have to walk down to the lobby for the staff to tell you to push the handle up instead of down- Just remove the locks as they're not necessary.. The TV was nice, the remote was terrible- Get new ones please. The concierge room was good- Hot breakfast for free. Snacks in daytime and desserts at night. What I didn't care for was the "honor bar"- Stocked with top-shelf booze yes, but they charge full bar prices for these and, not surprising, nobody was drinking. Why not offer tap beer and cheap wine for free? Even Staybridge and Courtyard do that... Or at least charge much less so that you're not making money off me- Staff during entire stay was super nice. All and all, nice stay, just some minor tweaks would make this great from good.

Room Tip: Try for 9th floor room of an Elite member- That's where the concierge room is.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
IanLarson, General Manager at St. Petersburg Marriott Clearwater, responded to this review, June 23, 2014
I appreciate you taking time to share your comments about your recent visit to the St. Petersburg Marriott Clearwater. Your feedback was very thorough and certainly will assist us in always trying to improve the overall experience that we provide to our guests. Please know that we are looking into your comments and suggestions about the shower head, door locks, tv remotes, and the honor bar in our Concierge Lounge. I was pleased that you enjoyed your overall stay, and hope you are able to return soon!