“Superb!”

St. Petersburg Marriott Clearwater
Ranked #16 of 43 Hotels in St. Petersburg
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed August 20, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel for two nights while attending a conference. I was so impressed with every aspect of this hotel. The drivers of the shuttle service were so courteous, the room was clean and had everything I needed, the bed was comfortable, the staff was incredible, and the restaurant was excellent! There was even a catered dinner in the ballroom that I attended and throughly enjoyed!
This hotel is excellent!

• Stayed: August 2013
IanLarson, General Manager at St. Petersburg Marriott Clearwater, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2013

Thank you so much for taking a moment to share your great comments regarding your visit to the St. Petersburg Marriott Clearwater! I really appreciate you recognizing our shuttle drivers, guest rooms, staff and restaurant, as well as your banquet dinner! Please know I will pass along your compliments to all of our team. We hope we have the opportunity to host you again soon!

Reviewed August 20, 2013 via mobile

Nice building, beautiful lobby, and large rooms. Front desk service was outstanding. The room, especially the bathroom seemed almost empty they were so large compared to the furniture/fixtures. What surprised us were two service items we've become used to: complimentary breakfast and room coffee refills. Both were absent. The complementary breakfast is apparently only offered at lower class hotels...but the coffee was an oversight on the service staff. Also, the single cup server heats the water so hot that the disposable tray melts, leaking water around the unit. Lastly, the electrical outlet nearly came out of the wall when removing a plug. We mentioned the problem but it was not fixed while we were away. At least the beds were very comfortable.

• Stayed: August 2013

I appreciate you sharing your feedback regarding your recent visit to the St. Petersburg Marriott Clearwater. Thank you for the positive comments about our building, lobby and Front Desk service! In addition, thank you for bringing the issues you had with your coffee maker and electrical outlet to our attention. Please know that we will address immediately. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed August 18, 2013

I stayed last week of July and I had some issues. I was taken care of by Jim S concerning my displeasure. He was completely professional and addressed my issues. No attitude, just straight up acknowledging my problem. Jim resolved everything to my satisfaction and because of his take charge manner I will give hotel a very good review now. Hotels need to have more employees like Jim S that work to prevent any concerns. I will continue to stay at this Marriott because of employees like Jim.

Room Tip: All the rooms are good
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Isabel O
IanLarson, General Manager at St. Petersburg Marriott Clearwater, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to pass along your feedback regarding your recent stay here at the St. Petersburg Marriott Clearwater. I am extremely pleased that Jim was able to assist in resolving the challenges you experienced; thank you for your recognition of his service! Please know that I will share your great comments with him. We hope to have you again soon as our guest!

Reviewed August 13, 2013

Stayed here from August 3 to 10, 2013 and had a great time. Staff was friendly and having access to the concierge was a plus especially for my children. Special kudos to Shuttle driver Mark, who was amazing and beyond pleasant as he drove us around. If ever I should visit the area again, I will definitely stay there.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Alene W
IanLarson, General Manager at St. Petersburg Marriott Clearwater, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2013

I appreciate you taking a moment to pass along your comments about your stay at the St. Petersburg Marriott Clearwater! Thank you for the great feedback about Mark; please know that I will certainly share your recognition with him and to all of our team. We look forward to hosting you on your next trip to the area!

Reviewed August 12, 2013

Stayed here over the weekend - 9/9-9/11. Wonderful hotel! Checking in, Patrick was friendly and efficient. I asked that milk and cookies be delivered to the room for my son as a "your going to do great in school" wish, and was done with no problems. Cookies were huge and delicious - he was licking crumbs off of the plate. Room was big, and amenities in it were fantastic. Another great thing is that you must enter two doors before getting into your room - this made the rooms even more quiet. I just so happened to be looking out the peep hole at the same time that a family was walking down the hall, and I could not hear a thing! Never heard ice maker, or elevator, or kids running around.
Thanks Marriott for another great stay!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Deena H
IanLarson, General Manager at St. Petersburg Marriott Clearwater, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2013

Thank for sharing your feedback about your stay this weekend at our hotel, the St. Petersburg Marriott Clearwater. I'm glad that you enjoyed your visit, and that you were able to spend quality family time prior to school starting next week! Thank you for complimenting the service of Patrick, the cookies, and your guest room! We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed July 23, 2013

I am very pleased with my stay in this hotel. We had a two full beds in a suite, with a full size fridge, stove, and microwave. The suite part was very comfortable and the room had a double door (external glass door to a small foyer) the reduced the amount of hallway noise. For a light sleeper it makes a huge difference. The pool was not huger but in good shape and well maintained. The whole hotel looked clean and smelled nice. The staff were very friendly. The hotel was struck by lightning while I was staying there (don't be alarmed, it's a relatively frequent thing in this area) so the hotel had employees operating the elevators which were re-set within an hour. They handled this slight inconvenience with grace and efficiency.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
IanLarson, General Manager at St. Petersburg Marriott Clearwater, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2013

Thank you for providing such great feedback in regards to your stay at the St. Petersburg Marriott Clearwater. I'm pleased that you were pleased! I appreciate the nice comments about your suite, as well as the hotel as a whole. I especially thank you for recognizing our staff and their efforts during the lightning storm! We hope to see you soon on your next visit!

Reviewed July 21, 2013

We just stayed for one night this time, thanks to wonderful Priceline deal, but we will be back anytime we need to stay up in this area.

The staff was just OUTSTANDING, very helpfull , very attentive. The hotel is very modern, extremly clean and the room was all that and more.

If managment is reading these posts, I would like an answer to this question. What's the deal with double doors? No big deal but what's the point? :-)

Wonderful experience, will be back! Highly recommended.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
IanLarson, General Manager at St. Petersburg Marriott Clearwater, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2013

Thank you for taking a quick moment to share the feedback of your recent stay at our Hotel, the St. Petersburg Marriott Clearwater! I appreciate you recognizing the service and attentiveness of our staff, as well as the positive comments regarding our Guest rooms. In response to your inquiry about the double doors - the double doors were part of the original architectural design of the Hotel when it was constructed as a Radisson, and were left intact when the Hotel was renovated to become a Marriott property. We still, in fact, receive many great comments about their unique design and additional security they provide. Thanks again, and we hope to see you again soon!