St. Petersburg Marriott Clearwater
$152
Staybridge.com
La Quinta Inn & Suites St. Petersburg Northeast(St. Petersburg)(Great Value!)
$97
$103
$228
$178
  • Restaurant
All reviewsthe concierge loungefront desknice hotelhallway noisetampa airportroom servicebusiness tripquiet roomgreat barup to datechecking inst peteclearwaterlobbyhousekeepingpetersburgshuttle
Reviewed February 20, 2013

This hotel was a convienient stop for us on our last road trip. Plenty of free parking and overall a nicely kept hotel inside and out. I admit I booked this room on Priceline, but I still I expect to be treated as a normal guest. Not a second rate free-loader.

The day of booking my room, I called the hotel locally and spoke with someone and asked to be put in a King room (I always do this as Priceline only guarentees two double beds). I was told that they had reserved a King room. Great.

We arrived late on a Friday night and upon check-in I checked with the front-desk person about our bed. They said, no, I was in a room with two double beds, and went to explain that the King rooms were reserved for any other guests besides Priceline trash (paraphrasing)... When I pressed my point that I was told on the phone that I would have a King sized room, the front-desk woman told me the hotel was very full (she said 92%), and she just couldn't do anything. She said I could "find another hotel..." Really? I was just holding the hotel to what they had told me. I know I booked my room on Priceline this time, but I didn't know I'd be treated as a second rate guest. Check-out was also cold and lacked friendliness/character from the same staff person. Almost like she had a chip on her shoulder against me.

The room and bathroom were nice and clean. The rooms are pretty big and beds were comfortable enough. I'm not saying this hotel was terrible, the service just kind of ruined this one for me. Maybe this would be a good place to stop if you pay full price, but I would stay away from the property if you are booking through a discount company as they seem to discount their service as well.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank thetravelexperience
IanLarson, General Manager at St. Petersburg Marriott Clearwater, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2013

Thank you for your candid feedback regarding your recent visit to the St. Petersburg Marriott Clearwater. I truly appreciate your comments, and would like to apologize for the service you experienced during your visit. I was disappointed to hear of the lack of friendliness and assistance from our Front Desk staff; please know that I will address this with our team, as this is certainly not indicative of the hospitality we are known for providing. I am pleased that you enjoyed the other aspects of your stay, and hope that you will give us another opportunity in the future.

Reviewed February 13, 2013

Stayed one night and was very pleased. Rooms were spacious, clean and bed was comfortable. If you need a great hotel as you pass through or have biz for a few days in the area...this is a good one! Love the entry way into my room...felt less like A hotel And more of an apartment.

• Stayed: February 2013
IanLarson, General Manager at St. Petersburg Marriott Clearwater, responded to this reviewResponded February 14, 2013

I appreciate you taking a moment to share your feedback with us, and was pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! Thank you for the positive comment regarding our entry doors; we certainly think that they add a unique and decorative touch to our Guest rooms! We look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed February 12, 2013

I stayed three nights and found this to be a comfortable hotel. My meetings were a 15 minute walk away, and I preferred to hoof it rather than taking the hotel shuttle. (I also walked to a Publix grocery store for snacks and a Red Box movie rental). The staff was friendly and accommodating. Other posters have complained about the door you must pass through to get to your room. This was different for sure, but a nice touch which kept the room quiet. However, the walls may be a bit thin as I was awakened at 2:30am while my neighbor watched television. The room was plenty big and the bed was comfortable. The room had a fridge and safe. Do not expect a view room as there is nothing worth looking at. The bathroom is a bit small, but fine for one person. The shower was great and had two shower heads. The restaurant had a simple and good buffet. The restaurant waiters were nice. The hotel offered a daily newspaper in the lobby. I was hoping to ride the bus into downtown one evening (there is a stop nearby), but the weather did not cooperate. I recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for your positive comments and for recommending our Hotel! I am happy that your stay at the St. Petersburg Marriott Clearwater was a pleasant one! I appreciate you recognizing the service of our staff, as well as all the other great aspects of your visit. We look forward to hosting you on your next trip to St. Petersburg!

Reviewed February 11, 2013

The rooms were comfortable. The interior was extremely nice. Staff were helpful. The pool was mostly in the shade, which was slightly disappointing. Food was excellent. This property is added to my favorites!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
IanLarson, General Manager at St. Petersburg Marriott Clearwater, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2013

Thank you for taking a moment to share your great feedback regarding your recent visit to our Hotel, the St. Petersburg Marriott Clearwater. I appreciate your comments, and look forward to your next return!

Reviewed January 27, 2013 via mobile

We enjoyed our one night stay here! It's not really close to anything, but we didn't mind the 10 minute drive to get to downtown Saint Pete. We enjoyed the bar that was in the restaurant, and even though we didn't use it, the gym looked really nice and they had a lot of equipment. I did notice that the restaurant bar had Starbucks coffee so that is nice of you are a fellow Starbucks junkie like me.
My only small complaint. The a/c in our room was soooooo LOUD! Not sure if all of the rooms are like this or if it was just ours. When it was running, it was loud, when it shut off it made a loud bang, and also made a loud bang when it turned back on. It woke me up a few times. If we were staying there for a few days on business, I would have definitely requested a new room. But since we were only there for the one night we just dealt with it.
But all in all this is a really nice hotel!

• Stayed: January 2013
IanLarson, General Manager at St. Petersburg Marriott Clearwater, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2013

Thank you for taking a moment to share your comments regarding your recent visit to the St. Petersburg Marriott Clearwater. I appreciate your feedback, and am glad that you enjoyed your experience with us! Please know that I will have our Engineering staff look into the A/C issue, as the noise that you mentioned is certainly not typical of our guest rooms. Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention. Thank you for the kind remarks regarding the other aspects of your stay - we look forward to having you as our guest again in the future.