I arrived at Tampa airport at 10 pm and was really regretting not choosing a hotel near the airport, with a hotel bar and room service. After a full day of air travel and no food, I needed some sustenance and maybe even a little pampering. I had called a week prior and told Stephanie that I would be arriving late, and would be looking for something to eat. She told me that she would provide menus for delivery upon check-in. She wasn’t there when I checked in, but her husband was. I asked him about the delivery options his wife spoke of. He said it wasn’t possible as everything shuts down by 10pm. I said that I’d be fine with a supermarket, or any 24 hour diner. There must be something! He was adamant that there was nothing. After a lot of back and forth he begrudgingly said I could order pizza hut delivery. But, I must wait downstairs to get it. (He said this 5 times. Yes, I get it. I must wait downstairs for the delivery. Okay!) So, I went upstairs to drop off my bag and call for the pizza and I saw that Stephanie had written down 3 different restaurants that deliver, as promised. I called the first one on the list and they said they were open until 1am! And, they were only 5 blocks away! So, I just got in my rental car and went down there. I had the best pizza ever. (I think it was called Tony Brooklyn or something like that.) I just think it could have just been a non-issue, and started my visit off on a good note, if he had just said this place was open. Why make it so hard? Thank goodness for Stephanie.
So, the next day I got a nice cup of coffee to-go from continental breakfast in the lobby. I met Stephanie who was very nice. The rest of the day was busy and I returned to the Inn at around 6pm. I felt like being around people (I was traveling alone), so I went into the lobby to work on my computer. I like that they have wireless for free. They had wine and beer, and some dry snack mix. Lots of guests were down there relaxing and chatting. It was a nice way to unwind after a crazy day. At this point I was happy to be here, as a large corporate hotel wouldn’t have offered the B&B atmosphere.
The room was small and older. It reminded me of staying in my Grandmother’s guest room as a child. This is a large house, and it feels like it. I didn’t like the towels, they felt cheap and hard. But, the shower was okay, and bed was comfortable.
Overall, in the end, I was happy to find the Inn. It was comfortable (but not luxurious at all) and the price was half what I would have paid for a hotel by the airport. I liked the area, it was cute and (during normal business hours) there were lots of really nice restaurants to choose from. Also, the movie theater is walking distance, as is shopping.
If you are looking for a corporate feeling this isn’t the place for you. But, if you just need somewhere quick to stay while in town, but don’t want a typical motel then this is a good choice. I don’t think I’ll ever be in St. Petersburg again. But, I would recommend this place to friends on a budget.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Charming historic inn conveniently located in the heart of Downtown St. Petersburg. This 20 guest room inn is within walking distance to world class museums and galleries, fine dining, evening entertainment and St. Pete's beautiful waterfront. Tropicana Field, home of the Tampa Bay Rays, is less than 1 mile from the inn. The Gulf beaches are an app. 20 minute drive from Downtown. Amenities at the inn include a continental breakfast, a drink at Evening Social, wifi and limited onsite parking. We are a 2-star property know for excellent service and unique accommodations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your The Inn on Third reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Americas Best Inn St Petersburg Hotel St. Petersburg
- Best Inn St Petersburg
- St Petersburg Best Inn
- Best Inn Saint Petersburg
- Saint Petersburg Best Inn