We relied on the reviews we had read on tripadvisor to book this hotel and we have not been disappointed. The hotel is really good and somehow different from your usual standard hotel room.
The location is really excellent close to the action... as long as you take the right direction when leaving the hotel (ie make a right when getting out). If your sense of orientation is as bad as ours and you take the wrong direction, you quickly arrive in a shady park where you don't want to be (I think it's called Williams Park). Well, nothing bad happened, it was daylight, we quickly went back to the hotel and realized we had taken the wrong way. But if you happen to be at the Pier and want to walk back to the hotel, avoid that area and just take the 3rd street.
The room is small but has some charm. The breakfast was rather average, but since it's a small hotel, it's understandable. The owners of the hotel are very nice and offer a drink to guest in the evening. We missed it but it's definitely a nice gesture. Overall, it's is highly recommendable.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Important information: Starting mid July 2015, our hotel will be called "The Inn On Third". It will be the same owners and innkeepers as the last 10 years, so you can expect the same great service and hospitality as in the past. We look forward to welcoming you! Charming historic inn conveniently located in the heart of Downtown St. Petersburg. This 22 guest room inn is within walking distance to world class museums and galleries, fine dining, evening entertainment and St. Pete's beautiful waterfront. Tropicana Field, home of the Tampa Bay Rays, is less than 1 mile from the inn. The Gulf beaches are an app. 20 Minute drive from Downtown. Amenities at the inn include a continental breakfast, a drink at Evening Happy Hour, wifi and limited onsite parking. We are a 2-star property know for excellent service and unique accommodations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity and Odigeo so you can book your The Inn on Third reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Americas Best Inn St Petersburg Hotel St. Petersburg
- Best Inn St Petersburg
- St Petersburg Best Inn
- Best Inn Saint Petersburg
- Saint Petersburg Best Inn