I had relatives in town (I live in St. Pete), so I gave them my apartment and booked myself for two weekday nights at the Flamingo. I had been to the Flamingo's bars a few times, which are OK enough, but never stayed in their rooms. So, why not book a few nights? How bad could it be? I should have probably said NOT to put me in a ground floor room next to the Cabana Bar because basically guys are just coming up to your window wanting an invite to come in, even if you're just brushing your teeth at the bathroom sink. The rooms are drab. The towels have been overbleached and are completely threadbare. The TVs have 10 channels. Even though there were basically no hotel guests while I was there, housekeeping never cleaned my room or gave me new towels/sheets. The Flamingo rooms are great if you want to get hammered and crash, but if you're looking for an actual "resort" (gay or otherwise), keep looking. Better yet, get a nice room on the beach and just come over and hang out in their (sparsely populated) bars/club.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- THE FLAMINGO GLBT RESORT & ENTERTAINMENT COMPLEX. Just minutes from some of the best beaches in America, Flamingo is a must at the top of your list of Gay Travel Destinations. The Flamingo Resort has 130 Hotel Rooms, the Flamingo Grill & Cafe, 9 On-Site Shops, 7 Bars and an 80,000 Gallon Pool. Enjoy Tropical Drinks served at the poolside Cabana or relax inside at Flamingo's Video Bar... or dance the night away at the Flamingo Main Bar Night Club, complete with Live DJ's, Light Shows & The Flamingo Royal Players Cabaret Show! Our goal at the Flamingo Resort is to ensure your complete satisfaction while visiting Florida's Largest Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual & Transgender Resort & Entertainment Complex. We are able to do this by offering Non-Stop Entertainment, Great Food & Drinks, and a fabulous staff that understand our Customers are our number one priority. Our job is to create the atmosphere of your dreams where you can meet new friends, make new memories, and have a fantastic time!! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Hotel.de, Reservation Counter, HRS and Despegar.com so you can book your Flamingo Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Flamingo Hotel St. Petersburg
- Jms Hotel St Petersburg
- Knights Inn Saint Petersburg