“Roaches”

Ranked #8 of 42 Hotels in St. Petersburg
St. Petersburg, FL, United States
“Roaches”
Reviewed September 6, 2013

I recently stayed at this Hampton Inn in St. Petersburg, FL. The room was beauitful but it was infested with roaches. I had a 3 night stay there and every night I had to fight with roaches, very large cockroaches. On my 3rd night they finally offered to move me to another suite. Yeah, I don't know how I dealt with it for that long. It really made me sad that upon check out I was charged the full price of $309 and the clerk showed no care about my ordeal with the roaches. She told me that she could not authorize me a refund because her general manager was off and would not return into later in the week. Really?? I'm so hurt with this by this. I've stayed at this Hampton Inn 3 different times but I will NEVER return to this one.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo

2 Thank Kimberly B
srewy, General Manager at Hampton Inn St. Petersburg, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
First of all, we truly appreciate your loyalty to our brand. Thank you for choosing to stay with us and share your feedback. We are very sorry to hear about the unfortunate experience you had and can assure you the pest situation has been addressed. Someone from our hotel will be in contact with you to address your concerns further. We hope we can invite you back for a much more comfortable stay.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
Reviewed September 2, 2013

Stayed at this location during my daughter's college orientation and it was undergoing a lobby renovation. Management was very skillful in timing of the work being done for the renovation as it was non-invasive to the use and enjoyment of the premises. Rooms were already updated.... Beds were amazing and the room was clean!!! The breakfast in the morning is so much more than a Continental Breakfast! Eggs, bacon, Summer sausage, waffles!... The list goes on! The attendant for this area was so attentive it was like staying with my grandmother!... Such a joy! Even though this location was a few miles from downtown St. Petersburg, it was easy to get in and out and I prefer it to saying in town. Hampton Inn has won me over and I will always seek to stay at one when I travel!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Florida
Reviewed September 2, 2013

Staff was extremely helpful and the hotel was clean and well maintained. It was a not were We wanted to stay but was the only Hampton with a room available in the area.We wanted to stay in the downtown area of St. Peterburg but were unable to do so

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Tallahassee, Florida
Reviewed August 26, 2013

I stay at this location as often as I can afford to and since I had a reward certificate that made it ideal for this short trip. This is a very nice Hampton Inn and I lucked out and got a very quiet room even with lots of baseball fans in town for the Yankees games. Also much appreciated was a complimentary bottle of water at check-in.

As usual the water pressure in the shower could be better and this Hampton has really cheaped out on the eggs at breakfast. The only way to describe them is powdered eggs, even if they aren't. Not sure. They have recently remodeled the entire breakfast area so that it really looks nice with many kinds of seating available.

My next trip to St. Pete will likely be at a Comfort Inn, which also has free breakfast and internet and costs half as much.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Altamonte Springs, United States
Reviewed August 20, 2013

We really like this Hampton Inn in St. Petersburg. It is always clean and the service is great. We usually stay there when we go to the Tampa Bay Rays games at Tropicana Field. The complimentary breakfast is good. The pool was in good shape and it seems to be a safe location.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Atlantic Beach, Florida
Reviewed August 11, 2013

Lovely hotel with nice rooms. I have always enjoyed staying here. The staff is very efficient and friendly, the rooms are clean, and the pool area looks lovely, though I've never had the opportunity to try it out. They have a very nice breakfast with a very nice lady (Nancy) seeing that everything was kept up.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Palm Coast, United States
Reviewed August 1, 2013

Lovely hotel with nice rooms. We have always enjoyed staying here. The staff is very efficient and friendly, the rooms are clean, and the pool area looks lovely, though we've never had the opportunity to try it out. One small thing, which most hotels have these days, is low water pressure in the shower. This problem is hardly worth mentioning, since I haven't stayed in a hotel that doesn't have it in a long time.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends