“Clean and comfy but a little worn.” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hampton Inn St. Petersburg

Hampton Inn St. Petersburg
Ranked #12 of 42 Hotels in St. Petersburg
Lake Worth, Florida
“Clean and comfy but a little worn.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2013

First impression was average Hampton. The lobby was clean but a little dated and the carpet in the elevator was dirty but there was a storyboard with proposed new design & furnishings so it looks like it will be updated soon.The front desk person was very welcoming and helpful as were all the staff. The room was very clean, the bed was super comfy (main reason we choose Hampton's when we can) the ac worked well and there was plenty of parking. The room was a little pricey at $139 +tax for a Hampton but it was high season and the surrounding hotels were mostly in the same price range for the area. We did not use the pool but the patio & pool area were quite lovely and had a nice island feel. The only complaint was the lack of water pressure in the shower. Overall a pleasant stay.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
srewy, General Manager at Hampton Inn St. Petersburg, responded to this review, April 19, 2013
We're so glad to hear you had a great stay with us. It's always nice to hear from our guests and know how their experience was. I apologize for the shower pressure and our maintenance team is working to adjust this for you and future guests. We can't wait to see you again.

Safe travels,
Tiffany

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Springfield, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2013

We stayed for 6 days, hot breakfast was great, rooms clean, bed comfortable and the staff were very friendly and helpful. We found the location to be close to everything. shopping, resturants, and only 10minutes from the st. petersburg pier and downtown area. When we return to this area we will be staying here.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Boston, Massachusetts
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2013

I stayed there for couple weeks total. Staff was friendly and it was a great location near downtown.
Rooms were not as great in my experience. AC unit wouldn't turn off in my room so I had to dress up a bit other then that it was a good experience. Internet was a bit shaky. I might try another one next time, but it wasn't the worst experience I had.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
srewy, General Manager at Hampton Inn St. Petersburg, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
Alex,

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback on your recent stay with us via TripAdvisor. We appreciate your honest input on the comfort and appointment of your room and we will keep your comments in mind as we look for ways to improve your satisfaction. We hope you will return to stay with us the next time you are in the area so we may show you the quality accommodations and amenities you expect and deserve.

Tiffanu Stewart, GM
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

The hotel was clean, the pool was clean, the breakfast was what you would expect at a Hampton, which was perfect for my 2 year old who loves waffles. The fitness center was under construction for improvements so we did not get to use it. The reason we chose this hotel was for the pool which was my childs favorite part. Amanda at the front desk was very helpful. It was not far from public beaches "Treasure Island" like at 10-15 min drive.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

Toilet ran all the time, glass end table had dried up spills on it and left overs from someone shaving were in the shower. The staff was very friendly. The pool was clean and fun for my daughter. Watch out for the initial charge to your account to be extra...just in case there are extra charges.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

srewy, General Manager at Hampton Inn St. Petersburg, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
Clean and comfortable should be what you see every time you stay with us. Thanks for letting us know about your experience so we can address your concerns and make future quality assurance changes. I've thanked our staff for their friendly service and commitment to hospitality and we hope to see you again in the future.

Tiffany Stewart, GM.
Austin, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2013

I am a loyal Hilton client. Hilton Diamond two years in a row and for those that travel you know how many nights away from the family it takes to achieve Diamond. This hotel was the single worst stay at a Hilton property in 4 plus years. Not sure where to start but suffice to say it was not one thing but a number of them from the television (after 45 minutes it would just stop working), to housekeeping(missed the room cleaning and blamed it on a DnD sign which was not there after we left the room), to the front desk attitude of, "you are staying at a Hampton Inn do you really expect your room to be functional", to the room clock( I mean seriously the clock is just basic stuff), to the General Manager, Ms. Tiffaney that couldn't care less there were issues with the stay even after asking twice times for her to contact me.

Lastly, i was also surprsied by Hilton and their Honors team when I took the issues with the stay to them for investigation and resolution. In 4 years of being with Hilton I have never posted a review or had a reason to complain about service, yet HH seemed to stand behind the properties justification for the bad experience. Maybe it's back to Mariott

I have stayed in Clearwater/St.Pete a number of times and here is my suggestion; if you want to stay at a Hampton Inn stay at the HI location on 19 closer to Clearwater. The HI on 19 is one that I could not get into this trip but I have stayed there many times and it is really clean, very well managed and just a great Hilton property. Or stay at the HI in downtown St. Pete. Heck they may be owned by the same folks but the strength of management at these two properties is apparent where the 34th street HI was just the worst. Ms. Tiffaney should be drummed out of of Hilton and the hospitality industry all together.

Room Tip: Don't stay at this property is th best tip I can give you.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank TomR1955
srewy, General Manager at Hampton Inn St. Petersburg, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
It's our goal to provide you with a comfortable and friendly experience from the moment you walk through our doors. I apologize that this was not your experience. As a loyal rewards member, your business means everything to us and more importantly, your experience as our guest and your satisfaction is even more valuable. Thank you for bringing your concerns to our attention and we hope that we'll be given another chance to make it up to you and show you our true Hamptonality.

Buffalo, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2013

This hotel was fine for the two nights we stayed. Not in the greatest area of town as indicated by the gas station next door with the clerk behind bullet proof glass. The room was fine. Hotel is in need of remodeling which I understand they will be doing soon. Fitness room is a joke. Small room with broken equipment laying on floor and NO air. Pool area was nice but not very clean. There is music playing at the pool which is nice. However, my room was on first floor right near pool and music played all night. Speaker was just outside my window. First night I was so tired and kept waking up thinking someone's tv was on. Second night I realized it was the pool speaker. I called front desk and was told that Hampton policy is to leave on 24/7. I told them the speaker was right outside my window and would keep my family awake. They promptly turned off music. Breakfast was very good.

Room Tip: I wouldn't recommend first floor with pool view. Nice view but music is loud.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
We appreciate you choosing our hotel for your family trip and apologize you did not have a pleasant experience during your stay. It is always our goal to provide guests with the stay possible and we regret that we fell short of doing so during your stay. We'll be reviewing your comments with our team and hope you will give us another chance for your next vacation. Thank you for your review.