“A nice little place with big portions.”
Review of Valentino's Little Italy - CLOSED

Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Delivery, Outdoor Seating
Dining options: Delivery, Outdoor Seating
Central FL
“A nice little place with big portions.”
Reviewed February 16, 2012

This was a nice place for decent food- nothing pretentious nor fancy- but tasty and good value for the money. There are about eight tables inside and half a dozen more outside with a good deal of take out business for a Thursday at 6 pm. The lone server was friendly and moved around without a lot of fuss though we could hear him speaking to the kitchen staff through a window.

The Valentino chips with marinara are potatoes sliced so thin you can see through them then they're fried crisp (think of a Lay's potato chip). We scarfed them down quickly while waiting on our entrees- delicious, but slightly greasy like homemade ones. We had stuffed shells, lasagna with meat, and chicken parmigiana. The portions were large and hearty and served with a piece of delicious garlic bread. The shells and lasagna had ricotta that was packed solid and not "wet" or runny. The lasagna also had a lot of meat and was an enormous portion with several layers of pasta. The large chicken breast for the parmigiana was breaded and deep fried but the batter held tight and wasn't greasy. None of the entrees were swimming in sauce or grease. We skipped dessert after the huge amounts of food but they offer a few standards and gelato.

Overall, we'd return if we were in the area and ready for a big meal without a big production or noisy atmosphere.

• Visited February 2012

Fort Worth, Texas
“Terribly Dissapointed”
Reviewed October 18, 2011

My buddy is from here (I'm not), and I wanted to get some Italian food last Tuesday night so he suggested Valentino's. The weather was great, so we decided to sit outside for dinner. We went in, told the head waiter we'd like to sit outside, he told us to go ahead and pick out a table so we did. We waited and talked for a very long time, and no one ever came out to check on us; other patrons were coming in to be seated inside and some outside. No one outside got service, at all. As we were getting up to leave, the waiter saw us and then decided to come out - too late though, we had already decided we'd go to the shrimp place across the street. The shrimp house was phenominal. I will eat there again. I will not return to Valentino's - terrible and inexcusable service.

• Visited October 2011
1 Thank zebulondanny
St. Petersburg, Florida
“Never again”
Reviewed August 15, 2011

I have read reviews that said the customer service was lacking at this neighborhood pizzeria, wow, even the manager is rude. I ordered 2 pizzas to be delivered on a Friday evening and after waiting an hour I phoned to check on my order. I was immediately transferred to the manager. Upon asking about my order he replied, "Its gonna be 45 minutes to an hour." I explained that I had all ready waited an hour. He then stated, "It's busy here lady, do you want it or not?" Yeah, like i said never again. Used Carmello's a few weeks later and had good, hot pizza in under 45 minutes.

• Visited July 2011