“Yummo”
Review of Lee Roy Selmon's - CLOSED

Lee Roy Selmon's
Cuisines: American, Bar, Barbecue, Pub
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Yummo”
Reviewed June 22, 2013

Stopped in for lunch on a Sunday with my mom, oops it was father's day at least we beat the crowds. Service was very good ! Food came out fast ! Fried Green Tomatoes to start, my mom loves these. She got a cheeseburger it was a nice size and she said it was very good. Me I am the picky one in search of the best pulled pork sandwich and I found here at Lee Roy's !! It was very very tasty and the roll it comes on is amazing good !! I like the fact it was not drowning is some kind of BBQ sauce like so many other places do & it had a nice dressing on the bun. Best once since I visited Memphis a few years ago!

• Visited June 2013
2 Thank PAULA-Ann-7

St. Petersburg, Florida
“Very good food and service”
Reviewed May 16, 2013

The food was very good and fairly priced. Excellent service! I'm not a big consumer of beef, but every now and then I like a good steak.

Visited October 2012
1 Thank Shelby1314
Saint Petersburg, Florida, United States
“Love their pulled pork”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I'm a Memphis girl and I know my barbecue pork. Selmon's has a fantastic barbecue pulled pork dinner and the sauce is a tangy, sweet sauce unlike the typical tomato-based bbq sauce I grew up with...but this is really good stuff! And, you can ask the waiter to bring you the sauce sampler that has other great bbq sauces, too, for you to try. The cheese grits are amazing and the cole slaw is nice and crunchy with great flavor. Warm dinner rolls come with a nice, savory sweet sauce on top and are worth diving into. The pulled pork dinner is pretty large...order a salad, and two of you can split the meal! Then, you can feel good about not overindulging...and you can indulge in yummy bread pudding :)

• Visited November 2012
Glen Allen, Virginia
“Excellent restaurant!”
Reviewed January 14, 2013 via mobile

My family and I eat here every year during our vacation to Florida. We went with my mother and father on this particular occasion. We had nachos and wings for appetizers. The nachos are some of the best that you will ever eat. The pulled pork and chicken make them very different from other nachos. The mild sauce on the wings was also very flavorful.

For entrees, I had the short rib mac n cheese. It may look like a small portion, but it will fill you up! It was extremely flavorful with a thick consistency. My wife had the chicken and waffles. She thought it was excellent and wanted more.

We had the bread pudding for dessert. It was excellent as well. It was also a very large portion for the price. They also have real tasting southern tea.

On a last excellent note, the service was excellent. I never had to ask for a refill and the food was spaced out quite well.

You simply cannot go wrong with Lee Roy Selmon's.

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“If you want some good BBQ, this is the place to go.”
Reviewed December 3, 2012

The service is excellent, the food is excellent. Not a place to go if you want to eat healthy, but their BBQ sauce is perfect and I'm picky about BBQ. Get the wings, you will not be disappointed. Also, the restaurant itself is clean and well maintained. I have nothing bad to say about this restaurant. The first time I went, I was given a promotional card for a free order of wings so my husband and I went just for that. Not too long after, we went back and tried some of their other options and their other food was great.

Visited February 2012