“won't go back”

Cuisines: American
St. Petersburg, Florida
“won't go back”
Reviewed June 13, 2012

food ok but greasy i don't eat greasy food lee roy is just a name of a foot ball player. owned by outback.

Estero, Florida
“I wish I would if tried this place sooner.”
Reviewed May 24, 2012

Great food, great service, great value. Wonderful experience. We eat out a lot but my wife does not like BBQ that much so I'm left to find new places when she is not with me. From the rolls they bring you to start to the hot towel they give you to clean up with, everything was great. Our server/bartender was great, he knew the menu inside and out. Sorry to say, appetizers are not needed, servings are huge. We were a party of three for lunch. I had the pulled pork sandwich, one person had an appetizer sampler for his meal and the other had a burger with BBQ pulled pork on top of the burger. We all LOVED our food. Only exception was my son had never had fried green tomatoes before so he was not thrilled with them but they were good. The one thing I can say troubling was I wish they had a half rack on the lunch menu. If they do, the three of us did not see it. I have heard of Lee Roy Selmons before but did not realize it was a BBQ place. Wish I would of paid closer attention long ago. If you like BBQ, you will love it when you leave here! Enough said.

2 Thank WOMSWF
Canada
“Excellent!”
Reviewed May 15, 2012

We've eaten twice at this restaurant. Both times the food was great. The first time service was a bit irregular, but most recently it was just fine. We had the sweet heat fried chicken, mama's meatloaf, pecan pie and bread pudding. The mains were really very tasty (!!) and the desserts were also really very tasty (!!) I wish Lee Roy Selmen's would bottle the sauce that came on the meatloaf - I could have made a meal of that alone, it was so good. The portions are huge and the prices are surprisingly low. We had our meals on the outdoor patio and noted that the restaurant's curbside pickup was doing a booming business. With such great food and prices, if I lived in the area I'd stop off for pickup at Lee Roy's also!

• Visited May 2012
Pinckney, Michigan
“Which we had one where I live!!!”
Reviewed May 2, 2012

Visited St. Petersburg Florida (Tyrone Square Mall) Loved the mall and loved Lee Roy Selmon's. The food was super!!!! We ate out side and I was a little worried that since we were the only ones sitting out side we might be forgotten or not get the same level of service, boy was I wrong. The waitress was charming, she gave us a sample of their warm bread with tasty topping it was awesome. I had the nachos and I really enjoyed them. My daughter had a cheese burger and she was in heaven. They gave us several different types of sauces to try and even some ofther samples from the menu. I would go back again and again if there was one near me. (prices are reasonable and the service is remarkable).

Visited April 2012
2 Thank techtraveler67
Donegal, Ireland
“going downhill”
Reviewed April 10, 2012

Been here many times down through the years and while the food is still quite good I found the service to be quite poor this time. For the price you are paying there is plenty of other options for food in that quality but with better service.
For example nobody came near our table once the food arrived and I had to leave my food during the meal to get more drinks. Also once we finished our food the waitress just came over and put the check on the table and cheekily said "after eating all that you won't be able for dessert"!! We were going to have dessert but just paid the bill and left.
Speaking to other people in the area there is a feeling that Selmon's at Tyrone is unfortunately not what it was.

• Visited April 2012