“Great Place to take a Friend to Chat”
Review of Craftsman House

Craftsman House
Ranked #449 of 919 Restaurants in St. Petersburg
Cuisines: American
Description: This is a fine cafe inside an art gallery and studio.
Description: This is a fine cafe inside an art gallery and studio.
Reviewed July 20, 2012

Met a friend at this quaint place. Craftsman House have a great menu with a great variety of wraps, sandwiches, salads, desserts and drinks with lattes included.

Before we ate we really enjoyed the handmade crafts that they had made by various artist.

We ordered our food and it was bought to us as we sat at the table on the huge porch on the outside. You have a option of sitting on the inside also.

When our food arrived it was fresh and good. My skinny latte was very good and in a mug and not in a cardboard cup that I get at Starbucks. My friend enjoyed her food. She really did not like her mango tea however she really enjoyed her chicken salad. We also had side dishes of green peas salad which was really yummy.
I had a veggie wrap and it was fresh and good. The portions was generous and I took half of it home.
I would visit again. I did ask did they have wifi however they did not but that would not keep me from coming back but it would be nice to take my laptop and do some work on it since I work for myself.
Craftsman House I am so happy that I know about you and we will return. Save a muffin for me....

There are newer reviews for Craftsman House

Reviewed April 4, 2012

The Craftsman House in St. Pete is a home that has been converted to a showcase for various crafts and art, everything from glass works to scented candles to art pieces and more. There's a pottery studio and classes are offered. Walk around the house and look enjoy the various pieces which are all for sale. Everyone who worked there was friendly and helpful.
There's also a small cafe/kitchen and you can order your food then sit at one of the tables either inside on the veranda or outside. There are only a few tables. The food is brought to you at your table. If you order a cold drink you have it in one of their hand-made pottery mugs (one of our party said drinks just seem to taste better in mugs like this).
The website has the menu, not a lot of selections but very good and very reasonably priced. The cold roast beef on focaccia bread with horseradish may was really good and filling and only $7.50 (the most expensive item on the menu). This also includes a small portion of pasta salad or red cabbage slaw or a bag of potato chips. Drinks are extra with choices ranging from 2 or 3 different homemade iced teas, apple cider, smoothies, wine, microbeer and more.
One person had the pesto chicken wrap and another the chicken salad on a croissant and both were excellent. The soup of the day was a black bean soup but not a classic spanish version, this was more a tomato soup base with black beans and peppers. There was a definite flavor of black beans and it was quite tasty and filling.
This is a little out of the way but not much, only about 2 miles from the Pier in St. Pete. For something unique and quaint, for good simple food at a ridiculously cheap price for the quality, this is where you should go - AND you can walk around and enjoy all the crafts and maybe even buy some!

Reviewed June 21, 2011

This won't be your average lunch experience. With only four tables inside and as many outside on the porch (mercifully beneath ceiling fans), it's not like they can handle a crowd. That's surprising considering how rich their menu is with choices. Service is casual, friendly and very well-meaning. Portions are generous and the food is very good. Wraps, salads, a daily soup and a couple of platters, along with a number of number of baked goods. They also offer a short, eclectic selection of beer, wine, champaign, sodas and juices. Their coffee and ice teas (mango and decaf raspberry when we were there) are great too. But back to the experience. This cafe sits within a highly acclaimed art gallery and working studio within an attractive old home in the Grand Central district, west of downtown St. Pete. There are a number of galleries and interesting shops in this revived area. Dining here is going to be intimate, like a place you meet an old friend you haven't seen in a long while (which was what we did). If the weather is right, I can see spending some time on that porch! It's not really a place for special occasions, but the occasion probably will be special. But even if you're dining alone, Craftsman House is a safe and reliable choice.

1  Thank parwil