Magnuson Hotel Marina Cove
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$145
$151
Hilton.com
$169
Marriott Hotels
The Inn on Third(St. Petersburg)(Great Value!)
$94
Hollander Hotel(St. Petersburg)
$109
The Birchwood(St. Petersburg)
$310
$301
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
All reviewsprivate beachbeach baron stiltshot tubskyway bridgeshuffle boardeckerd collegetiki hutbeautiful view of the baypete beachbooked this hotelroom was clean and comfortablestaff was very friendly and helpfullong weekendan older hotelminute drivest pete
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 12, 2014 via mobile

Didn't know what to expect given the reviews but I must say I'm impressed. For the cost of a run of the mill Holiday Inn Express or Hampton in with no amenities we stayed at this resort hotel with 2 pools, beach on the bay, jet ski rentals and fully stocked 2nd floor tiki style bar overlooking Tampa Bay. Granted it's an older hotel, but with new paint job and well kept rooms I'm duly impressed. I will definitely stay here again .

Stayed: April 2014
5  Thank Joeyanchovey
springmans, General Manager at Magnuson Hotel Marina Cove, responded to this reviewResponded April 19, 2014

Thank you so much for your review. We are so happy you enjoyed our hotel. Please come back and see us soon!

Reviewed April 11, 2014

On our spring break vacation we thought this would be a nice place for the kids. The beach was great we stayed 4 days and we had to deal with lots of bugs in our room. I can deal with a bug here and there but nothing like what we delt with. The food was good and had a great time with the location but wont return to this place. I hope they do something about this issue they have.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank MARK K
Reviewed April 7, 2014 via mobile

The Motel was clean and easy access, the service friendly and helpful, and the restaurant average. Rooms were quiet, but walls thin. Pools and waterfront were nice. Beds were small and not comfortable, TV had average picture, shower and bathroom were undersized. Telephone did not work. In room fridge was helpful.

Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank RBWood66

Thank you for your comments! We hope to have you back with us!

Reviewed April 3, 2014

Stayed at the Magnuson last week, had a great visit, very relaxing. I thoroughly enjoyed staying in one of the waterfront rooms - endless entertainment watching the sea birds, the dolphins & I think I even saw some manatees! A blue heron was a friendly constant visitor and would hang out for hours outside my room, while the gulls and pelicans came & went regularly!

Cute beach, great pools & hot tub, lots of fun, fishing, a big waterfront park nearby in walking distance, and walking/biking trail (I didn't bike but the hotel has some carts & bikes available for rent). The restaurant on-site served great food and I hosted several friends and family at the restaurant during my stay last week. All gave a great review on the dinners at the onsite restaurant Periscopes - Fun & Great FOOD!!

For a great place to unwind and hang out without having to leave the property if you don't want - or lots to do and see in St Pete / Tampa Bay if you do want to get out - I highly recommend the Magnuson!!

Room Tip: rooms on the water offer endless entertainment via sea life! I stayed last month in a different building that had 2 stories w/ bedroom & bath 2nd floor, kitchenette & living room/dining area. That was fun too to have friends and family over to visit and be able to go outside in good weather but when it was rainy out - we could have the living room / kitchenette for quick meals & visits!
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Karen D
springmans, General Manager at Magnuson Hotel Marina Cove, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2014

We are so happy you had a wonderful stay. Its so beautiful with the dolphins and manatees here. Not a day goes by that we don't have something interesting to see in the bay. The view is spectacular! Please come back and see us soon! The dolphins will be waiting for you!.

Reviewed March 19, 2014

This resort is conveniently located with easy access to St. Pete's. For bikers there are two trails right outside your door. Heated outdoor pool was wonderful. A friendly place. Make sure you go to the Farmers Market in St. Pete, well worth the visit. Make sure to eat at Skipjacks for a great breakfast and some local color.

Room Tip: Ask for a water view room, it is wonderful. Restaurant meals were not great.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Cheryl1503

Thank you so much for your comments. The market place on Saturday mornings in downtown St. Petersburg is magnificent. Also Skyway Jacks is fabulous. We look forward to having you back with us soon!