Magnuson Hotel Marina Cove
$174
  • Breakfast included
$152
Staybridge.com
La Quinta Inn & Suites St. Petersburg Northeast(St. Petersburg)(Great Value!)
$97
$229
$178
  • Restaurant
$67
All reviewsprivate beachbeach baron stiltshot tubskyway bridgeshuffle boardeckerd collegetiki hutbeautiful view of the baypete beachbooked this hotelroom was clean and comfortablestaff was very friendly and helpfullong weekendan older hotelminute drivest pete
Reviewed January 21, 2014

This Hotel/Motel is located on the point of Pinellas County in St. Petersburg. It is right on the Bay and beside a Marina so if you have a boat this is an awesome location for you. It has a small man made beach. There was a pool and hot tub, but we didn't venture out to use them this chilly weekend. They had a Tiki Bar and a restaurant too. We didn't dine in either.

We stayed in the less expensive standard motel room side of the property. They do have suites in the Hotel.

I was using a free 2 night complimentary stay certificate and Magnuson was one of my choices. I only paid $27 in sales tax to my vacation club, so I have no idea how much the room rate for standard motel style rooms at this location would cost.

We had 2 full size comfy, firm beds. We had a small bathroom and small refrigerator. Classic mirror closet with a safe. The television was the older box style and worked fine for the little television we did watch while staying there. It was quiet and we never heard our room neighbors. We had a small plastic table to sit outside that I believe would be used by smokers since the rooms are non-smoking.

I did notice the bathtub in our room didn't drain quickly and I forgot to mention it to management. Otherwise, we received nice little shampoos, soaps, lotions, etc... all was fine.

The Magnuson staff were very friendly and we will stay there again if we decide to take a fishing trip weekend to St. Pete.

I believe this is rated as a 3 star property and I would agree given my room experience, I didn't see the suites so I can't report on those rooms.

Room Tip: I chose this location because it was close to the Skyway Pier so my husband could fish off the pier. I chuckle, because I didn't realize that the Skyway Pier requires you cross a $1.25 Toll skyway express road to get to it. I also didn't realize it would cost $4 per person and $4 per vehicle to get onto the Pier. Good news is the pier ticket is good for 24 hours of fishing. There is an expensive bait shop with bathrooms on the pier too. It is a nice fishing pier, though my hubby said he would have been happy fishing anywhere he felt were good spots, and that were free. You do have to be careful when driving 275 to make sure you take Exit 16 to get off at the Magnuson exit and it drops you right off at the Hotel/Motel. If you miss it, you get to ride one exit across the $1.25 toll express and make a u-turn to come back 275 and take Exit 16...so be awake and alert after Exit 17 on 275. Also, I highly recommend the Sunday Power Hour Special from 11am-Noon at Fish Tales Steak and Seafood. They are close to the Magnuson and on a Marina as well. We watched boats come and go. The 11am-Noon special means everything on the menu is half price. I ate 1.5 pounds of fresh snow crab and slaw. My husband ate a deliciously cooked steak and grilled shrimp. His meal came with slaw and a salad. We ordered fried fish and chips to share and a pitcher of beer. Our bill was $31 without a tip. We had leftovers. I would come to St. Pete just to enjoy eating during the Power Hour...awesome food for that price and left overs for 2 more meals back at the room later.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
5  Thank tonijoye
Reviewed January 5, 2014

Stayed here for business symposium about parasailing and was very impressed overall. This is a smallish inexpensive family resort with good service. Rooms very clean and basic. You could spend a lot more and get less. Would definitely stay again and bring the family.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
5  Thank eywphm
Reviewed January 3, 2014

Even with renovations the rooms are nicely put together. everything looks very clean and put together. the day manager n staff are very polite and make you feel like your at home. the courtyard includes a beautiful pool n places to lay out. i couldnt ask for a better place to stay. cant wait to come back the next time we're down here.

• Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank aemoore2309
Reviewed January 1, 2014

My husband and I are locals and we have stayed at many places in the area, yet this is our favorite place to get away.
This is not the Taj Mahal, yet it is a fun, simple, and practical place to stay. The basic rooms are the ones we have booked the most, they are adequate and clean. Plenty of amenities here for all ages. The beautiful landscaping compliment the views. To top it off, the great team of people that work here are very approachable, friendly, and helpful.
We love the raised Tiki bar w/ wrap around porch which has a breath taking panoramic view of Tampa Bay to the Sunshine Sky Way Bridge, which at night , when lit up is beautiful. You will not find both , these views and great hospitality anywhere else.

For these reasons, we decided to have our Wedding reception here, buffet style and carving station under the Pavilion. The backdrop was the Marina and as you looked out onto the bay watching the boats and ships pass under the beautiful Skyway Bridge.
We had family and friends (some picky,critical,and hard to please) come from NY, NJ, and CA to stay here so we could all be together. We practically had the whole place to ourselves.
Everyone was pleasantly pleased and the staff once again, was a big hit with our guest, they were all friendly and accommodating as ever!!

Kudos to the Chef, he has been here nearly 20 years and his experience really shows.He was absolutly amazing ! All my guest were very pleased. He was getting compliments left and right on how tasty and delicious everything was. Not to mention his presentation, service,and timing was right on!

I have to mention the manager here too, she is truly a professional, approachable, and very friendly person. She has been here for many years too. We truly enjoyed working with her. She did an outstanding job orchestrating everything for us and our guest, and she did it with such poise.

We knew we couldn't please everyone, but somehow it happen, here at the "MAG" and on our Wedding Weekend...priceless!
We can't thank the management and staff enough!!
Good times n great memories! Be back soon :)

Room Tip: Courtyard first floor south side w/ bay view are private, breezy, and pleasant.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
6  Thank Kimberlee H
Reviewed November 17, 2013

Nice view and a very friendly staff. Was not able to take in all the amenities but everything looked great. Very clean and very convenient to where we were going. Will keep in mind for our next visit to the area.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends