My husband and I stayed here on our first trip to Tampa. I picked this hotel for the price and for the lovely beach image that is displayed in pictures when researching this hotel. While the price was right on, the beach was a HUGE disappointment. It is right in a corner and gets debris and sea weed washed into it...and it stinks. I didn't spend any time on this tiny beach or in the water at all.
The other downside to this hotel is that there is nothing within walking distance. You cannot go walking around to see anything because there is nothing around to see. I felt that the area was safe but isolated.
What I liked about this hotel were its lovely grounds. Although we didn't use the pools much, they were nice and the landscaping around them were very pretty. We ate breakfast each morning in the hotel restaurant and this was always pleasant. I liked being at a table that was next to the marina. The staff was very friendly and we must have talked to one of the grounds workers for more than an hour one night. The hotel also has a FANTASTIC view of the Sunshine Skyway Bridge.
Since we had a rental car it was so easy to bop across to the St. Pete beach area with more to do. Definitely had to be careful with drinks since we then had to drive back to the hotel.
Summing it up: their beach/water area is horrible-don't stay here for that. But if you want a cheap place to stay and will have a car to get to the better beach areas, then this hotel wouldn't be too bad.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are minutes from Fort Desoto Park and the Gulf beaches. We are also in close proximity to downtown St. Petersburg and all it has to offer: Tropicana Field-home of the Tampa Bay Rays, The Pier, Salvador Dali Museum, Mahaffey Theater, and Jannus Landing. For the business traveler, we are close to Eckerd College, USF, St. Pete College AllState Center and all Children's Hospital. Our guests will enjoy all the amenities of a full service resort. Stay in touch with your friends and family with our complimentary high-speed wireless Internet access. Take time to enjoy our pools, hot tub, volleyball court, bicycle rentals, tennis courts, shuffleboard courts, and fitness center. You can relax at the Nepa Hut Beach Bar overlooking Tampa Bay and the world famous Sunshine Skyway Bridge, unwind in Nemo's Lounge, dine in Periscopes waterfront restaurant with views of our marina, or have a relaxing lunch poolside at the Banyan Tree Deli. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, getaroom.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, HotelsforEveryone, Cancelon, HotelsClick and TripOnline SA so you can book your Magnuson Hotel Marina Cove reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn St Petersburg
- Holiday Inn Marina Cove
- Holiday Inn Saint Petersburg
- Saint Petersburg Holiday Inn