Magnuson Hotel Marina Cove
$147
Hilton.com
  • Pool
Savings alert! 28% below average rates

The price you found is 28% lower than this hotel's average rate of $204/night.

$119
$109
Hampton.com
La Quinta Inn & Suites St. Petersburg Northeast(St. Petersburg)(Great Value!)
$94
  • Restaurant
$67
QualityInn
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of $84/night.

All reviewsprivate beachbeach baron stiltshot tubskyway bridgepools were cleanshuffle boardtiki huteckerd collegebeautiful view of the baypete beachbooked this hotelbit datedstaff was very friendly and helpfullong weekendan older hotelminute drive
Reviewed February 5, 2013

We were able to book this hotle through Busch Gardens and got a great price that included our park passes. It was cheaper than booking the hotel alone! The rooms are a bit "tired" but we only slept in them. We had a main floor room with a view of the shuffle board deck, and it was very quiet, no complaints. Having a restaurant was great, and the upper bar-deck was fun and allowed us to have some grownup time while still keeping an eye on the kids below! 2 pools added variety, as did the small sandy beach and fishing! Our kids had a blast as we allowed them to do a little exploring on their own for the first time. (9 and 12 yrs old), since the whole place is contained and VERY kid friendly. Their is also a small arcade. We would definetly return, and actually tried to book again for this year but they were sold out! 5 minuted from the beach, and lots of food nearby.

Room Tip: This is not a high-dollar place, go for the value and a great family vacation.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank kisrow72
springmans, General Manager at Magnuson Hotel Marina Cove, responded to this reviewResponded February 7, 2013

Your trip sounds great. We are a preferred partner with Busch Gardens and we love when guests have a great experience at their parks and our hotel. When you get a chance to come back and visit, please request the area by shuffleboard courts. It is very quiet and great for kids. Hope you had a safe trip home.

Reviewed January 31, 2013

My girlfriend and I had to be very thrifty in terms of a good hotel due to what happen to my car. So we were looking around via Priceline.com and we came across this place. It looked very good from the pictures and we decided to give it a try.

We were very impressed with the quality of the hotel. The staff was very friendly and helpful, the restaurant was great, and we were even a small distance from tropicana field!

This is a hotel for a thrifty traveler in Florida, you get a 5-star hotel for a 1-star price. I'm most impressed and we're thinking about coming back in the future!

Room Tip: All the rooms are basically the same. The A/C is very quiet.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank TheEnforcer_021
springmans, General Manager at Magnuson Hotel Marina Cove, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2013

We are awesome!!! We are so glad you both had a great time. Our hotel is a treasure that sits right on the bay. Our staff really loves what they do and we take great pride in guest service. When you come back again, please give us a call and we can make your reservation perfect for you. Hope you had a safe trip back up north.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

My husband and I had to make a sudden trip to Fl. because his mother is declining in health and was entering Hospice. At this time we are very unsure of how long we will be here, it is a day to day process. We had to move from one hotel to the next due to the change from Nursing home to Hospice and were referred to the Magnuson by his sister who lives near by. She recommended the hotel because it is close to her condo and she thought they may offer a discount for Condo residents. She called the hotel and spoke to Kelly, a very nice gentleman,who helped us.

He was able to secure a room for us at a discount. He assured us to take our time and arrive when we could that he had left our name at the desk. When we arrived the desk did indeed know my husbands name and gave us the discount, although we still paid more than the man checking in before us. Oh well. Who knows the circumstances. We explained that we do not know how long we will be there and the girl was nice enough.

The room is OK. My husband was a bit put off by the hotel because he felt it was over priced for the type of place it is,I think it was just the $580+ of unexpected expense for 4 nights. I don't know if I understand better than him being that I grew up in San Diego and know how expensive even motels are if they are on the Bay or the beach....but I told him it was priced fine for where it is. We get beautiful sunsets and sunrises, which are a welcome sight after the days we are experiencing! There is nothing better than to see Gods beautiful scenery every morning when you have to face the loss of a loved one.
But I am getting off subject..... the hotel is fine. We have eaten at the Periscope restaurant twice and the food was pretty good. It was empty both times and the wait staff was OK. I wish there were some way to explain that we are not on vacation so that they stop asking us how our vacation is.....but again, that is off subject because they don't know and in other circumstances it would be very friendly of them!! So I think I am going to call that a plus!!

The wifi doesn't work that well ,very, very, slow. But I use the wifi at the Hospice everyday so I am not too worried about it.
Housekeeping seems good and sweet! I have a stuffed lamb that was sitting on the bed ( yeah...STUFFED lamb...don't judge!) yesterday when we came back housekeeping had made the bed and set my lamb up on the pillows so it was the first thing I noticed when I came around the corner into the room.

SO...is it fancy? NO. Is it clean? YES! Are they KIND? YES! This is a very difficult time for us and having somewhere to come back to at the end of the day is a comfort. For that we are grateful!!

Be back after we leave!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Indychristine62
springmans, General Manager at Magnuson Hotel Marina Cove, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2013

Love the title of your post. So far so good! Our staff takes great pride in serving our guests each and everyday. A little extra touch by housekeeping can go along way. I will pass on your nice words to Kelley as well. Hopefully you all will come back to visit us soon. We wish your family well and hope you had a safe trip home. Thank you for the great pictures you posted on the site. Our sunrise is just beautiful over Tampa Bay.

Reviewed January 3, 2013 via mobile

So I just returned home from my first trip to St. Petersburg, and boy I wish I would have known what I know now... I checked around here on TA for an affordable hotel on a beach in St. Petersburg, and came across this one, it gets good reviews, and the hotel says it offers a "private beach". That's an understatement! The "beach" consists of a 10ft square of sandbox sand dumped on the edge of the water. It looked like a cat box. The entire resort is full on smokey. It was so disgusting. Cigarette smoke and the smell of ashtray fills the air, and butts are all over the property. I wanted to have fresh air in my room (non smoking room) but it was obviously smoked in, so I opened the patio door, only to have 6 people smoking outside my window! So gross. Now for the room... It's old, dingy, carpet was stained and dirty. The tv was at least 10 years old. The bed was a double, although I asked for a king!! So my husband and I had to sleep in separate beds!! And the beds had springs sticking out of it. Omg awful. We walked into the pathetic restaurant, but did not eat there it was also dirty looking. This hotel is right off the freeway, and u can hear the cars zoom by your room. We did find a strip of hotels ON THE BEACH when we were searching for dinner, I wish I wouldve known about them before I booked this dump. But we've never been to the area before, so we were blind to where to look... We ate at a yummy place called Crabby Bills Seafood it was really good for a good price. They have countless hotels right next to the restaurant that sit in the sand, and are so much nicer. SO CHECK GULF BLVD!! That's where all the hotels are on the beach, with lots of places to walk to, to eat, drink and watch the sunrise ;)))

• Stayed: January 2013
13  Thank kell w
springmans, General Manager at Magnuson Hotel Marina Cove, responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2013

Thank you for your review. We were very disappointed with some of your concerns and I have shared them with my staff. We will look at your reservation and research where we errored. However we do have a man made beach on Tampa Bay that we take care of daily based upon the incoming tides. We are mostly a non smoking resort, but we still offer a few smoking rooms for those guests that request that preference. We do our best at all times to meet your reservation requests based upon the occupancy at the hotel. We wish you would give us another chance if you come back to the St. Pete area. As you can see from some of our other reviews, guests really love our place.
Happy New Year to you and your family.

Reviewed December 16, 2012 via mobile

I got to see the sun rise over the water for the first time. There were dolphins playing outside our balcony window yesterday. The room is clean, the staff is excellent. They even have adjoning rooms which I haven't seen in any hotels I have stayed in before. I came just for the night but want to come back with family to enjoy the heated pool and the fishing

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank R F

The sunrise is hard to beat. Thank you for your review and we are so glad you had a nice time at our hotel and in St. Petersburg. Our location keeps families coming back time and time again. Happy New Year!