Magnuson Hotel Marina Cove
Hilton.com
$106
Hollander Hotel(St. Petersburg)
$109
All reviewsprivate beachbeach baron stiltshot tubskyway bridgeshuffle boardeckerd collegetiki hutbeautiful view of the baypete beachbooked this hotelroom was clean and comfortablestaff was very friendly and helpfullong weekendan older hotelminute drivest pete
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 8, 2011

We had a great time. The entire staff was friendly. The rooms were impeccably clean. The linens on the bed and in the bath were high quality. The beach was wonderful. The hotel is located right off I-275, but we could not hear the freeway at all. I would recommend this hotel to everyone. I plan to stay here next time I am in the Tampa/St Pete area!

Room Tip: Ask for a water view room -
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
springmans, General Manager at Magnuson Hotel Marina Cove, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2011

We are glad you had a great time here at the hotel. We appreciate your kind words about our staff. It is very important to us to make each and every guest have a wonderful vacation. We are right off of I-275 with easy access to downtown St. Pete and the beaches. Come back and visit soon.

Reviewed April 6, 2011

Me & my husband spent our honeymoon at the Magnuson Hotel. They provied shuffleboard , tennis, bike riding,a gameroom, a play ground , sight- seeing cruises, exercise room ,message therapist and a public jogging trail.The choice of either swimming pools were great and the jacuzzi was awsome!!! If you want a great hotel with five star quality the magnuson is the choice to go with. Also the view is wonderfull with the skyway in the back ground of the water it is perfect for a honeymoon and perfect for a great getaway. Its Relaxing to have a couple drinks at sunset at the Nepa Hut Beach Bar or at in inside lounge you can eat great food and have fantastic drinks at the bar as well.Fantastic customer service.Our remote went out at 2:30a.m. and they had a new remote up to us in 5 minutes.they were great!!!!!!!!

Thank you magnuson hotel for a perfect honeymoon and unforgetable memories.
MR.&MRS.DILLARD

Room Tip: Any room at the magnuson has beautifull sites
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple

Congratulations on your weddding! We are so glad you stayed with us to celebrate such a great event. We have so many different amenities here at the hotel that you can stay and play the whole day. Next time you are in St. Petersburg please stop in and say hello. Maybe you can stay with us again for your 1 year anniversary.

Reviewed April 5, 2011

Our family wanted a place to stay on our family vacation that didn't break the bank.

The package with Busch gardens made this hotel a steal of a deal.

We were able to check in early, use the pools & playground and unwind from our long trip.

The staff was exemplerary. They knew it was our daughter's birthday & they had a birthday cake & balloon waiting for us after a long day at Busch Gardens.

• Stayed: April 2011
springmans, General Manager at Magnuson Hotel Marina Cove, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2011

Family vacations are our speciality. We are so fortunate to parter with Busch Gardens and Adventure Island. Being able to sell the tickets at our front desk, saves guests time when they get to the park. Happy Birthday again to your daughter. We are glad you all enjoyed the cake. Hopefully we will see you next year!

Reviewed March 30, 2011

What can I say? I didnt plan ahead. We were going to, 'play it by ear" during spring break! All the beach hotels were booked solid and I had to find somethng fast. My wife was getting steamed, my kids were getting restless. I found the Magnuson on tripAdvisor and although the location looked like it was on the freeway, I booked it..
The hotel is a great little gem! My 6 and 4 year olds loved the two pools and spend hours there daily. There were lots of little kids running around everywhere and the playground is terrific too. The Staff are all very friendly and helpful except for one guy who should just get out ot the hospitality business because he just doesn't care; but he's just a bad egg. We were upgraded to the kids suite which had a bunkbed and video games/tv. That was a cool feature. The restaurant was okay and after 2-3 meals there, we were done; but in a pinch, I would't hesitate to eat there. We booked an Eggmont Caye tour that left right from the hotel and that was really convienient... The beaches are 10 minutes away by car and we did that twice - not a bid deal. Overall, the Magnuson really helped us out and I would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: use a coupon or triple AAA for the best deal
  • Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
springmans, General Manager at Magnuson Hotel Marina Cove, responded to this reviewResponded March 31, 2011

Sometimes when you book things last minute, it works out for the best! We are glad you and your family had a great stay with us. We have 3 kid's suites at the hotel and they are usually a big hit.
We are so glad that we could help you out in a pinch. Next time you head our way over Spring Break, call us in advance and maybe we can assign you the same room. Creating memories is the best part of being on vacation.

Reviewed March 28, 2011

This is one of the worst hotels I have ever been to....And I have been around the world!
The price is excessive (158$ +tax) for what you get.
Totally outdated....mold in the room (stinky), and dirty....found nasty hair in the tub, on the door, on the floor...It was old. The pools seemed dirty (the water was not clear)...and we even found a dirty underwear on one of the walk way. Plus trash in the bushes...
I mean, this was BAD.
DO NOT GO THERE EVER!!!!!!
I would not pay 10$ to stay there and would rather sleep in my car.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
4  Thank mmmiiiaaa777
springmans, General Manager at Magnuson Hotel Marina Cove, responded to this reviewResponded March 30, 2011

We all suffer when guest complaints like these come up. I will be the first to tell you that we are not perfect, no hotel is. What separates a good hotel from a bad hotel; the people that work there. We understand that this guest only had a 1 night reservation but regardless, why would you not say something during your stay so that we could have had an opportunity to make things right?
We are sorry but we just could not find what it was that upset you. Our pools are clear (perhaps the thunderstorms this week had something to do with what you saw)? We found no mold anywhere, no underwear on the sidewalks (but we did have 60+ high school girls here so maybe they were playing games) and the trash in the bushes, well it does happen because we certainly pick a lot up everyday. I could go on but all of that does not matter now. Our commitment to guest satisfaction remains strong. Read some of the other reviews for a fair comparison.