“Nightmare on 2nd Street”

Gratzzi Italian Grille
Reserve with OpenTable
Gratzzi Italian Grille is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 935 Restaurants in St. Petersburg
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 2nd Ave South
Description: If you're craving classic Italian food in a classy environment, Gratzzi Italian Grille is the place to eat. Choose from your favorite sultry pasta, meat dishes, including chicken, seafood and veal among others. Gratzzi's menu offers an array of feasts to satisfy your Italian cravings, which also includes classic insalatas and paninis for lunch and dinner.
Reviewed December 28, 2013

This was the dinner nightmare from hell. I am vegetarian and gluten intolerant so I checked the menu online before we chose to dine here. The entree I found online was not available but the website stated that gluten free pasta was available. The waiter did not understand gluten free and after I tried to educate him, he still didn't get it. I then asked about vegetarian options, he recommended the Veal!! I told him ' no animals.' He then suggested the Chicken!! I repeated no animals and he said that they didn't have anything for me. I politely called the manager over, explained my issues and he assured me that they had great gluten free vegetarian dishes. I took one of his suggestions and my carnivore partner ordered Veal. 45 mins later, undercooked chewy pasta arrived and my partner began sawing away at the shoe leather called veal. I gave up after a couple of bites from these greasy bubble gum. Another 'manager' came to take my plate and asked me what was wrong. I told him the whole experience was terrible and just get our bill. He asked me to explain again and I said,, really lets just call it a misfortunate dining experience and bring my bill. He again insisted I explain my problems. I said 'I am done,, bring my bill and let me out of here'. He hesitated and I gave him a look that conveyed my anger. We paid over 60 dollars for slop!! I will never be back and will steer people away from this HELL HOLE

1  Thank stnsfan

Reviewed December 25, 2013

The food was outstanding, and our server was attentive, prompt, and very knowledgeable about the menu. She made excellent recommendations. The only drawback was the unbelievable raucous yelling and foul language of the guys at the bar. I thought for a moment we might be on the set of a movie with gangsters celebrating some conquests.

If we go again, we will ask to set as far away from the bar as possible. Maybe take-out would be a solution. There should be some way to enjoy their incredible dishes in relative peace.

1  Thank langail
Reviewed December 17, 2013

Love this restaurant. I've always had great meals here. More importantly, I know I'm going to get a great meal every time. The bada bing is a must!

Reviewed December 17, 2013 via mobile

Lovers of italian food we looked on trip advisor for a restaurant to celebrate my husbands birthday. Gratzzi makes homade pasta and you can really taste the difference. It is a small location so reservations are encouraged. Dress is smart casual. There is an early bird special that's incredible but even normal dinner prices are very reasonable. Will be back when I visit area again

Reviewed December 16, 2013

The restaurant was full and the noise level was simply deafening. It precluded any conversation except for shouting and as a result the meal experience was terrible. It is unfortunate since the food and service was pretty decent. Prices are reasonable.

1  Thank FuzzyBeaver